Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion Audio Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Audio Architect Installation Problem - Venue devices greyed

Greetings all!

Having a strange problem with Audio Architect installation. Venue devices and pre-sets are greyed out.
It was suggested from distributor that this may have been a design file problem. Starting with a blank file produces same problem. Loading my design file on my normal win7 desktop computer opens and works fine without this issue.

The laptop in question is Win7 Ultimate. Was working fine - loaded design file into Blu160, tuned and set levels etc, then returned a few days later to update an eq setting and problem arose.

Using version 1.95.5.220

I understand this is not tech support but just thought I'd try my luck here in case anyone may have a clue to point me in the right direction while waiting for tech support to reply!

System Architect and London Architect on same laptop working fine.

Have yet to try going back a version. My gut instinct is that it is something to do with sql database.

Appreciate any time anyone has to reply!

Cheers,
Shan.

Greyedout.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Audio Architect does not support the Windows Classic Theme. You will need to switch to the Windows Standard Theme. In addition, the font size should be set to 100% in Windows 10.
  • Options
    Shan0SShan0S Posts: 5
    Thanks Jerome!

I have themes turned off. Unless somehow the new version enabled them again during install? Never heard of it happening before but could also be manual registry editing to try to clean out previous install.

No themes active in windows system so how do i disable theme on AA?

Thanks again for you time!!

Cheers,
    Shan.
  • Options
    I can see that you are using Windows Classic theme from the appearance of the taskbar.
    In Windows 7, Control Panel/Appearance and Personalization/Personalization. Select Windows 7 Basic.
  • Options
    Shan0SShan0S Posts: 5
    Thanks again Jerome!

I checked the theme and it was set on Win7 Basic.
    Turned out to be settings in Performance section that made it act and look like a theme. Switching to another theme and back to basic fixed the issue.

The only other thing I have installed since the updated AA last week is a Waves audio plugin update. Maybe that requires theme change but even that doesn't seem right.

Strange that AA worked fine for a week under the theme change though.

Anyways, appreciate your time!

Cheers,
    Shan.