Home BSS User Forum BSS General Discussion

Complement BLU-100 output

Please have patient with me as I'm new to this field.
We have a meeting room with 18 delegate mics + 2 analog audio sources and 6 ceiling loudspeakers.
These are all connected to 2 x BLU-100 which were installed with now obsolete Creston equipment.
I would like to keep the 2 x BLU-100, and I only need that every audio input is carried on to all the output. Can anyone suggest what type of additional equipment do I need ?
thank you!

Comments

• The Soundweb London BLU-100 offers a fixed configuration of 12 inputs and 8 outputs, configurable signal processing and a high bandwidth, fault tolerant digital audio bus.

The BLU-100 has open architecture which is fully configurable through HiQnet™ Audio Architect. A rich palette of processing and logic objects and a “drag and drop” method of configuration provide a simple and familiar design environment.

This processor features a low latency, fault tolerant digital audio bus of 48 channels which uses standard Category 5e cabling giving a distance of 100m between compatible devices. Fiber media converters can be used to increase the distance between devices to over 40km

• Hi Steven, I know what it does, my question in mainly regarding other equipment to handle the output, amplifying, etc.

• Not certain I understand what you are asking, however If you want to add more outputs to mirror the same amount of inputs, in your case 20, then you will need another 4 analogue outputs- cheapest way to get that is by using a BLU-BOB- an 8channel output extender for BLU-Link. I can't think why you'd want to do that though.

If, on the other hand, all you want is to have a mix of the 18 mics plus local sources output on the 6 ceiling speakers, then you need zero hardware- you can program the device to do that.

If you want to add distance conferencing to the mix- via zoom/teams/webex or whatever, you'd need to add some AEC capability, 2x BLU101's would suffice here, assuming an external PC or other device is acting as the codec. You wouldn't need the BLU-100's at all then.