Home Crown User Forum Crown Amplifiers

My XTI4000's fan runs fast (at its highest speed) all of the time......

(continued)....although the amp seems to work well.
I own four xti4000's in total and the other three have fans that vary speed. The unit in question's fan did "vary speed" when I first bought it...it just started running at full speed a couple of years ago.

The units that I have are first generation and all have had the ribbon cable / front panel upgrade.

Other than the fan noise, the unit seems to run well.... I use it in one of my long-throw outdoor racks thus the fan noise is not an issue..

Should I be concerned??

Please advise.

Mike M

Answers

• JensenJensen Posts: 9

I think you just need to stay alert and keep an eye on it, but as long as it is working well, you should be fine

• KaseyKasey Posts: 3

The operating mode on the xti fans are configurable. They can be on 'Auto' OR 'Manual'. Have you tried a factory reset?
    If the mode is auto and they are on full, and your other 3 amplifiers are not operating like this, I think you should be concerned, because something is definitely wrong.

• scytechscytech Posts: 148

The XT has a programmable fan selection at power up.
    In its FAN ON state, you have access two other levels: LOW and NORMAL
    On power up, press SELECT and keep it pressed until powered up. I believe this is FAN LOW (65F);
    On power up, press PREV (or is it NEXT? :)) and keep it pressed until powered up. I believe this is FAN NORMAL (50F); Redo operation revert back to original setting.
    Alain