Home Crown User Forum Crown Amplifiers

Operating Voltage of Crown XLS amplifiers

Hi,

The product page on Amazon listed these ampliers as operating on AC input voltage: 100 – 240VAC (10%), 50/60Hz.

Link https://www.amazon.com/Crown-XLS1502-Two-channel-Power-Amplifier/dp/B011X2HTZC/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Crown+XLS1502&qid=1577194248&sr=8-1

When I received my order, the product box has the 120V indicator on the shipping sticker. So, do these XLS amplifiers have auto voltage switching built in or do user from countries operating on 220/230V needs to use voltage step down converter?

I have search this website and also the accompanying documentation that comes with the product, but have not found any definitive answer to my question.

Thanks and Regards

Answers

• I have exactly the same question regarding the XLS 2502 i purchased from Amazon. It was also listed as 100-240vac 50/60hz. I live in Vanuatu and we have 230v 50hz power. I bought this specifically because I thought I could use it without a step down transformer.

Thank you for your help in advance

• IshakIshak Posts: 2

Andrianrad,

You can buy the 230v version from https://www.thomann.de

• Yep, I have exactly the same question also! I have the XLS 2502 and It was listed as 100-240vac 50/60hz. I would like to know what voltage you can operate as if it is marked at 1:20. Obviously it’s made for 120 but if I rent it off of a generator at what point will I start running into problems and also was hoping to be able to use it with 220 V systems win big studio Parr is available.
  • scytechscytech Posts: 148

You have to go with the information of the 'voltage' pin insert. If it's in the 120V insert, then the unit is for 120V only. :( You will have the full potential of the unit IF the 120-240V pin is installed.
    Perhaps Crown has a replacement module for this operation; It may be expensive!
    Also, in regards to the generator issue, don't run the amp above 120V! It will be damaged!
    Alain