Home Crown User Forum Crown Amplifiers

Crown CE 1000 Bridge Mode

Hello,
I would like to connect my CE 1000 in bridge mode for my subwoofers.
I have two 8 ohm subs wired in parallel to give me a 4 ohm sub.
I would like to know how to connect the input (XLR) and the output with a Spekon cable.
People told me that I had to have a "Y" cable with speakon connectors to connect the 2 outputs to the subs, but I don't know why?

Can you help me?
Thanks,

Comments

• scytechscytech Posts: 148

Speakon configuration: for Bridge mode, output power is delivered to a load connected between the two red posts. You will need a four pin Speakon connector:
    1+ -> Ch1 red -> positive lead of your parallel cable,
    2+ -> Ch2 red -> negative lead of your parallel cable.
    XLR to Ch1 input; Output mode switch set to BRIDGE. Level Ch1 controls main signal level.

• scytechscytech Posts: 148

Another option: BRIDGE mode using two a Speakon [stereo] approach: This option doesn't need the four connector Speakon connector. It is still a two cable solution but power is divided evenly between the two cables. Also, a quick swap (reverse speaker connections on Ch2 cable) to put back in Stereo mode.

Connect each speaker with a Speakon cable;
    Set Ch2 speaker 'out of phase' with the other (1+ -> neg, 1- -> pos).
    Both Speakon connector are wired normally at amp side, to be reused in Stereo configuration.
    For Ch1 : 1+ -> Ch1 +, 1- -> Ch1 -; normally wired, connected at speaker side;
    For Ch2 : 1+ -> Ch2 +, 1- -> Ch2 -; note that this cable is wired out of phase at speaker connection!

XLR to Ch1 input; Output mode switch set to BRIDGE. Level Ch1 controls main signal level.