Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Flash Chat... just a flash in the pan?

Anyone use the AMX Chat feature recently? I used to see people in there when it was first released, but I haven't seen anyone in chat in a long time. It's an ok place to get a quick question answered, but the forum will always be a better place for an answer becuase it reaches more people. That said, I still enjoy chatting about general things and tossing ideas around that don't necessarily warrant prolonged discussions on the forums :)

Jeff

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I always stay away from all forms of chat and IM. Heck, when I'm not at work, I don't even answer the phone half the time. I prefer to be able to take my time going over posts, and responding in my own time. I just don't like the real-time communications that way, and if I must have it, I prefer voice.
  • Options
    mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    Spire_Jeff wrote:
    It's an ok place to get a quick question answered, but the forum will always be a better place for an answer becuase it reaches more people.
    If more people used the chat, it would be a fine place to go to ask a question. If it were a fine place to go ask a question, more people would use it.

snake_eating_its_own_tail.jpg
  • Options
    I'm with Dave about all things "chat" oriented. Closest I've come is exchanging text messages with my wife via cell phone. That's it though - no AIM, MSM, etc...

I do answer my phone though, so feel free to call anytime. :)

- Chip