Options

snapirouter error message on DDDP Devices

Hey I got an error message saying:
---- Starting NetLinx Compile - Version[2.3.0.0] [10-26-2006 14:18:41] ----

ERROR: (0): L20219: File not found: [snapirouter.jar] version [1.8.0]

I look up the answer on the AMX website and it says log into the Master and goto Manage Other Devices. http://www.amx.com/techsupport/techNote.asp?id=792
Only when I [url]HTTP://XXX.XX.XX.XXX[/url] in, I dont see any screen that would allow me to upload the file to the master or a button that says Manage other device. Any Help on another way to get this file uploaded to the Master. I only get webcontrol, security, system, show devices and network. Though none of these features let you do anything execpt security. Any ideals?

Thanks
DW

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Do you have the latest Duet firmware for that master loaded?
  • Options
    David_wDavid_w Posts: 23
    Firmware Version 3.12_332

I have upgraded the firmware to V3.12_332 however I still get the error message when I complie. Is there a better firmware upgrade that I missed. Sorry I am new to all this just got out of programmer class a week ago and now trying to put some of this stuff to use.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    David_w wrote:
    I have upgraded the firmware to V3.12_332 however I still get the error message when I complie. Is there a better firmware upgrade that I missed. Sorry I am new to all this just got out of programmer class a week ago and now trying to put some of this stuff to use.
    Actually, I was just making sure you had a Duet firmware installed at all. I'm not real up-to-date on Duet, but I thought the snapirouter should be part of the package that Cafe Duet makes when the module is created. I was thinking perhaps a non-Duet firmware wouldn't recognize it, but it seems in your case it's missing entirely. Every prject that I have included a Duet module in automatically sent this to the master when I loaded it.
  • Options
    yuriyuri Posts: 861
    use webupdate to update to the latest version of Duet :)
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    This is where the file should be:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\AMXShare\Duet\bundle

should contain:

devicesdkrt.jar
    snapirouter.jar

I don't use Duet either but I recall back when I first played with it and downloaded the app I didn't get these files either and I think I just deleted it and did a re-install.
  • Options
    The term DUET can confuse... :)

- DUET in general is the term for the firmware and features using Java based apps (drivers, Java based webserver, DDDP, whatever comes in future...)
    - CAFE DUET is the sdk to make Java based drivers (NOT required to use Duet drivers!!!)
    - DUET RUNTIME ENVIRONMENT is required to use Duet modules, current version is 1.8, and can be loaded by Webupdate

You can check the version of the Duet runtime Environment by NetLinx Studio.
    Go to HELP -> ABOUT NETLINX STUDIO
    The CAFE DUET version shown is the version of the environment
  • Options
    David_wDavid_w Posts: 23
    Thanks All

I installed Duet on my machince and those files were loaded. So thanks for all your help. I am sure I will be posting more as I get stuck along the way.

David W.