Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Problem sending RS232 commands on NEC NP50 (beginner)

Hello,

I look for help. I'm new in programming AMX Netlink Controler (NI3100). I must manage two existing rooms with lot of equipments. But i have to replace a Panasonic VP with a NEC NP50.

I check the RS232 cable, and now i'm in the programming part. I just have to send command to power on/off, change video source and mute video. But don't know how to do this.

In my code i have this :

BUTTON_EVENT [vdvTP,254]{
PUSH : {
SEND_COMMAND vdvTP,"'@PPX'" (* Close all popups on all pages *)
Send_string dvVP1,"$02,'POF',$03" (* POWER OFF *)
Send_string dvVP2,"$02,'POF',$03" (* POWER OFF *)
Send_string dvPLASMA1,"'ka 1 0',$0D" (* POWER OFF *)
Send_string dvPLASMA2,"'ka 1 0',$0D" (* POWER OFF *)
SEND_STRING dvVISIO,"'button callhangup',$0D"
IF(STATUS_VP){
WAIT 10{
SEND_COMMAND vdvTP,"'PAGE-Garde'"
WAIT 5
SEND_COMMAND vdvTP,"'PPON-Fin'"
WAIT 1200
SEND_COMMAND vdvTP,"'PPOF-Fin'"
WAIT 1210
SEND_COMMAND vdvTP,"'SLEEP'"
STATUS_VP = 0
}
}
}
}

So i have to change the Send_string dvVP1,"$02,'POF',$03" with code for the NP. I look on the NEC site and (http://www.necdisplay.com/cms/documents/UserManuals/RS232%20Base%20Master%20Projectors_rev%203.0.31b.pdf) try replace with 02H 00H 00H 00H 00H 02H. But it does nothing. I also try to connect with my PC directly and hyperterm, but i see nothing (normal ?).

So if someone could help me with this code .... Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    nboulet wrote: »
    Hello,

I look for help. I'm new in programming AMX Netlink Controler (NI3100). I must manage two existing rooms with lot of equipments. But i have to replace a Panasonic VP with a NEC NP50.

I check the RS232 cable, and now i'm in the programming part. I just have to send command to power on/off, change video source and mute video. But don't know how to do this.

In my code i have this :

BUTTON_EVENT [vdvTP,254]{
    PUSH : {
    SEND_COMMAND vdvTP,"'@PPX'" (* Close all popups on all pages *)
    Send_string dvVP1,"$02,'POF',$03" (* POWER OFF *)
    Send_string dvVP2,"$02,'POF',$03" (* POWER OFF *)
    Send_string dvPLASMA1,"'ka 1 0',$0D" (* POWER OFF *)
    Send_string dvPLASMA2,"'ka 1 0',$0D" (* POWER OFF *)
    SEND_STRING dvVISIO,"'button callhangup',$0D"
    IF(STATUS_VP){
    WAIT 10{
    SEND_COMMAND vdvTP,"'PAGE-Garde'"
    WAIT 5
    SEND_COMMAND vdvTP,"'PPON-Fin'"
    WAIT 1200
    SEND_COMMAND vdvTP,"'PPOF-Fin'"
    WAIT 1210
    SEND_COMMAND vdvTP,"'SLEEP'"
    STATUS_VP = 0
    }
    }
    }
    }

So i have to change the Send_string dvVP1,"$02,'POF',$03" with code for the NP. I look on the NEC site and (http://www.necdisplay.com/cms/documents/UserManuals/RS232%20Base%20Master%20Projectors_rev%203.0.31b.pdf) try replace with 02H 00H 00H 00H 00H 02H. But it does nothing. I also try to connect with my PC directly and hyperterm, but i see nothing (normal ?).

So if someone could help me with this code .... Thanks

Although I don't see your new code, I would guess that you've entered the string wrong.

02H from the new code means a hexadecimal '2'. In Netlinx you specify a hex number with a dollar sign '$" So, it will be $02 or just $2.

So your string will be something like

"$02,$00,$00,$00,$00,$02"

Also, you won't put a single tick ' in it since it's not a literal string.

hope that helps
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I think there is something missing from that document - it tells the command formats, but not the packet format (Marantz at one time put these in separate documents). For example, it mentions projector ID and model class, but doesn't tell you where in the packet it goes, which in turn tells me there is a wrapper packet of some sort.
  • Options
    The hex string given looks ok. As Eric said, use '$' symbol not 'h'.

Try declaring your cmds like this..
    NP2150_poweroff[]	   = {$02,$01,$00,$00,$00,$03}

Also, you MUST manage the timing of your outbound strings otherwise it probably still won't work.