Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Netlinx Studio Bug

Everyone probably already knew this but me. I thought I would pass it on anyway, just in case. When compiling and sending code, the master source code must have at least one non-volatile variable. I had a master source code with several modules declared and constants passed to the modules, but no variables in the master. It compiled fine, only when I opened debugger, I kept getting a warning saying the token on the master did not match the token on the PC. After calling tech support, I added a variable, nNothing, and everything worked just fine. Tech Support said it was a bug in NLS that hasn't been fixed yet. Thought I would pass it on and hopefully save someone from the stress that I just went through.

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Everyone probably already knew this but me. I thought I would pass it on anyway, just in case. When compiling and sending code, the master source code must have at least one non-volatile variable. I had a master source code with several modules declared and constants passed to the modules, but no variables in the master. It compiled fine, only when I opened debugger, I kept getting a warning saying the token on the master did not match the token on the PC. After calling tech support, I added a variable, nNothing, and everything worked just fine. Tech Support said it was a bug in NLS that hasn't been fixed yet. Thought I would pass it on and hopefully save someone from the stress that I just went through.

It's a known issue. I went ahead and put a dummy variable in the netlnx.axi file called

nBandaid
  • Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    I never knew about this until P3 a few months back. I did the same as Eric, but thanks for reminding me since when installing a new version of NS replaces the netlinx.axi file.
  • Options
    jweatherjweather Posts: 320
    I think Chip Moody suggested the fix I use now... start your variable section with "DEFINE_VARIABLE _". You now have a nonvolatile integer variable named _. The bug only affects the debugger, everything else works fine.
  • Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    jweather wrote: »
    I think Chip Moody suggested the fix I use now... start your variable section with "DEFINE_VARIABLE _". You now have a nonvolatile integer variable named _. The bug only affects the debugger, everything else works fine.
    Chip and I look alike so we get confused for each other all the time but since prize money is now at stake I?ll mention that I think that was me in this post:

http://amxforums.com/showpost.php?p=30283&postcount=6