Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

DEVICE_INFO for Masters

Does anyone know if it's possible to determine what type of master controller is being used from the DEVICE_INFO keyword. I've used it for an NI700 and an NI2100 and the DEVICE_ID_STRING is the same and displays as NI Master. It does not indicate what type of master. The DEVICE_IDs are different from each other however, but I don't know if these IDs are consistent for each type of master.

Is there another method perhaps?

Comments

• Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    JohnB wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it's possible to determine what type of master controller is being used from the DEVICE_INFO keyword. I've used it for an NI700 and an NI2100 and the DEVICE_ID_STRING is the same and displays as NI Master. It does not indicate what type of master. The DEVICE_IDs are different from each other however, but I don't know if these IDs are consistent for each type of master.

Is there another method perhaps?
    You have the correct method. I assume you must have tested against device 0:1:0? If so try using 5001:1:0 instead and the type of integrated controller will be returned.

If you look at the online tree you’ll see two components in an NI controller. 00000 holds the master firmware and 05001contains the device firmware. You want the 5001 device info.

Welcome to the forum.
  • JohnBJohnB Posts: 13
    Of course, it's always the little things.
    Thanks for the feedback. I look forward to participating and contributing to the forum.