Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion

260 Freezing

BRADGBRADG Posts: 10
My last show my drive rack kept freezing during sound check. It was displaying meter bridge failure. It did it like 3 times. I was networked with my lap top thru the serial port. I tightend the connections and it did not happen during the show (thank God). Have any one ever seen this? Can you tell me what to do to make it not happen again?

Thanks,
Brad Gibson
Capital A Productions

Comments

• GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    I guess we need you to clarify what exactly is happening.
    1. was there any audible change in the sound
    2. was the problem associated with the display only
    3. was the problem associated with the meters only
    4. were there any problems with more than 1 of the above...if so which.
    5. has there been any earlier \"anomalies\" in the sound or displays
    The reason I ask is we have had reports of dispalys that freeze, but everything works fine audio wise, some of the problems have been with bad displays, bad contacts between the display and the board.. the ribbon cable that runs to the display has a history of problems...but it usually has no audible problems... this is mostly with the DRPA however..

gadget
  • BRADGBRADG Posts: 10
    When the unit froze it had no output at all. The display did look jumbled up and it read the meter bridge failure. Like I said it did it 3 times at least. The meter failure had a different # associated with it each time(meter bridge failure 18 / meter bridge failure 14 / ect) I could not tell if it had to do with the meters or not. The unit froze. Like your computer would freeze. This did happen once before but I did not think any thing of it becouse I was at home learning the unit. Let me know if that helps clear any thing up. Thanks for your help.

Brad Gibson
    Thats a new one on me. I assume it has version 1.01 or (its line code internal DBX version) 1.02 which is the same. You could try a 'hard reset' this will revert the unit to factory spec, so make sure to \"upload\" the programs you have built to your computer, for future 'download' once you have reset. This would help if there was a software glitch.

You might also contact Tech support, its right strait up in the box under the picture... there is also a tech phone line. They might have some ideas... at ant rate they will help you get it up and running again. Please keep us informed so if this issue comes up again we can help someone else.
    gadget
    Just an update. We did a show yesterday with no problems at all. This is a weird thing. I will let you know if it shows back up.

Thanks,
    Brad Gibson
    I had a further thought. It is extremely important for the power to be clean, and not sag below ...I think its 100 volts or so... we have had numerous reports of problems where the unit was in the amp rack and having low power condition. So make sure its not a power issue..

G
    That was my first thought. Voltage drop!! I really think it has something to do with the computer and driveware. I have the rig at the shop now and I am going to see if I can duplicate the problem. I will keep you updated.

Brad Gibson
  • I've been having alot of the same problems with the 260 recently. I use 5 different 260's on my big shows, 1 on mains, rest on monitor mixes, and i have been having some freezing issues, saying meter failed with main one and 1 monitor one. No pc's hooked up at the time either. THe one in my main rack tends to freeze during show (not good), my monitor one on power up. Any help would be great.
    Perhaps its a hardware problem... Have you tried powering it from a UPS? Or, Open the unit and make sure all cables are properly secured/inserted. Have you Flashed to the factory preset? If you haven't make sure you export your settings to the computer for Import later(re-installing). All I can think of right now.
    Gadget