Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General Software Control

Will there be Mac software for controlling Driverack units??

Roy BlomRoy Blom Posts: 2
edited January 2012 in Software Control
The usual question

Comments

• AJayAJay Posts: 28
    this is just a guess, but i think they would more likely introduce it for System Architect before updating DriveWare, but I haven't heard anything about it
  • Yes, please, Mac software: I don't want to buy and cart around another machine, or buy a copy of Windows when I need a new MacBook.

I'd have thought a company of dbx's caliber would have Mac software to drive their gear, as well as Windows stuff.

G
  • Another vote for Mac software.
  • With the New MAC Books that have the Intel Chip shouldn't you be able to run the software using Bootcamp to boot to a Windows X/P partition or user? I agree that it is not the same as if dbx inculded support for the MAC in native mode, which would be extremely cool. However, with the new MAC you should be able to get the same result with minimal extra effort. Just a thought.
  • jwlussowjwlussow Posts: 6
    I had asked this before and received an email that there were no plans to port to Mac. I can see myself buying a new MacBook Pro but I really doubt if I'm going to buy Windows just to run the Driverack GUI. Talk about a waste of money and hard drive space.

I hope dbx changes it's mind. I come across a lot of pro staging companies that are Mac based. Same with many hi tech bands. Seems dbx and Mac should be a no brainer.
  • tide99tide99 Posts: 1
    Anyone have an idea as to how I might be able to convert a .dbx file to something understandable?
    tide
  • kpippenkpippen Posts: 551
    Oxymoron: Microsoft Works...:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • JonFoJonFo Posts: 10
    Check out VMWare Fusion for the Mac http://www.vmware.com/products/fusion//

Allows you to run both OS X and Winders apps together.

features01.gif
    JonFo wrote:
    Check out VMWare Fusion for the Mac http://www.vmware.com/products/fusion//

Allows you to run both OS X and Winders apps together.

features01.gif
    Hello Jonathan,

Looks promising!...:) Have you tried it with the DriveWare?...

Kevin
  • I haven't tried VM but I do use Parallels with Driverack and it works.

Justin Allen
    I haven't tried VM but I do use Parallels with Driverack and it works.

Justin Allen
    Hi Justin,

Just incase anyone is interested in Parallels they can click here...:)

Cheers,

Kevin
  • Hi.
    A new user here. I tried a friends 260 on my system yesterday and bought one today.

I'm looking for info on Mac Pc emulation software that will run on an older PPC Mac laptop. The links listed here are all for intel chip machines.

Any suggestions?
    I suppose I could pick up a dedicated PC laptop off craigs list but I do have a couple G3 pismo 500 laptops laying around in retirement and wouldn't think the task of being a GUI for the 260 could be too taxing............
    just looking at options.
    Thanks in Advance,
    Marc
  • scottdlscottdl Posts: 1
    For those of you using Parallels Desktop for Mac - How do you connect without a serial port on your MacBook? Is there a way to route the serial port default specified by Driveware to the USB connection on your MacBook?
  • Amazingly enough I found this actually works.
    I took an old G3 500 Pismo, loadedOS10.4.9 on it, installed an old copy of virtual PC 6 with XP and voila!
    It works great.
    As to the serial issue it's not a mac serial bus anyway. you need to use a usb to db25 serial cable.
    Got mine on ebay for $3.99.
  • One more vote, or request, that dbx make their stuff available for Mac. It's 2012 people.
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Your beating a dead horse...that post is 4 years old now with no real hope of Harmon adopting Mac...