Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series Software Control

Sending Commands to switch individual settings?

JonFoJonFo Posts: 10
edited September 2006 in 200 Series Software Control
Hi,
Are there discrete RS-232 commands we can send that will switch individual parameters (vs switching programs)?

For instance, depending on the music source, I want to enable the Sub Harmonic synth setting.
Don't want to totally switch programs (which mutes) to do this.

Is there a simple low-level command that can be sent for this?

thanks,

Comments

• GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    If you are using a 260, as you must to be to be utilizing the serial port, use the GUI and simply toggle the sub synth on when you want it, and off when you don't!
    Gadget
  • JonFoJonFo Posts: 10
    Thanks, yes I am using a 260 via RS-232

However, my goal is to bypass the DBX GUI to switch this. My need is for my automation system software to be able to send this via a string posted to the serial port the DriveRack is on.

This allows me to remote the switching of parameters based on other logic and PDA driven UI’s.

Is there a guide to the RS-232 protocol for the 260? Or even just a the string(s) needed to switch certain settings?

Thanks,
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    contact tech support, they won't (at least no always...) come to you here. Be aware that the program change does cause a dropout for a few seconds..

Gadget