Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard
Options

New to DRPA..help with configuration

JyrdDrumJrJyrdDrumJr Posts: 2
edited September 2006 in PA Configuration Wizard
Hey all!! I just purhcased the DRPA and pretty much have it set up...there's just a few things I would like to know.

First of all, here's my setup.
-2x EAW LA325
(BIAMPED and ran by 2 QSC RMX2450 (1 for Highs & 1 for Mids), both in stereo because the speakers are 4 ohms when in biamp mode)

-2x EAW LA400
(BRIDGED and ran by a Crown Macro-Tech 2400)

I'm sure I could use more power on the mains, but it's what I've got to work with.

I did the Auto EQ Wizard. The only thing is, is that I was told by the sales person that after I'm done doing the System Setup Wizard, I should edit the crossover settings to match them up as close as possible with I believe he said my speaker specs. EAW provides Processing Settings on their website but importing them is what I'm having difficulty trying to figure out. EAW also gives PEQ settings...If I use the Auto EQ Wizard with the RTA mic, do I need to go into the EQ section and turn on the PEQ and import my settings? Or when I turn the PEQ on does it erase the Auto EQ settings?

Also, if I should use the subharmonic and the compressor/limiter, what would you recommend I set them to?

I hope I explained everything well...if not, again, I'm new to this device...so please bare with me. Any information would be great!!

Thanks so much!! :D

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    First off, you will need to START with the settings EAW provides and enter them manually, crossover points, slopes, gain settings... remember to save the setup to a location you can find... do a gain structure next as per the back of the manual, THEN do an Auto EQ. Read this:
    http://www.driverack.com/drug/view_thre ... d_id=41419
    before you attempt an indoor auto EQ.. if you can do an outdoor one you can do 1 full stack... otherwise if indoors you need to be very carefull what you let the Auto EQ do, because it will most likely sound like crap.. for a number of reasons.. read this..
    http://www.driverack.com/drug/view_thre ... d_id=41581
    and read whatever else you can on the other forum under the tutorials section...

\"If I use the Auto EQ Wizard with the RTA mic, do I need to go into the EQ section and turn on the PEQ and import my settings? Or when I turn the PEQ on does it erase the Auto EQ settings?\"

you are on the wrong track all together... the auto EQ uses the GEQ's not the PEQ's. you set the PEQ's manually using the settings EAW provides...You are under powered, skip the sub synth.. as for the limiter.. get the system up and sounding good, use the limiters on the amps and keep the clip lights to a minimum!

Gadget