Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion
Options

Dr 260 compressor settings

swingerswinger Posts: 17
thanks for the password info! now i want to know how to tune the onboard compressor , i use eaw 850 cabinets mainly for dj but sometimes some light PA work is done the system has to run really loud and i dont want any clipping internally on the processor and also externally on the amps.

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Don't use the comp at all.. especially on DJ gigs. That music is so compressed already its unbelievable.
    Instead use the limiter.. set the brick wall to on. Do a gain structure as per the back of the manual and then set the limiter to take over wherever you want it to. Once the system is all on the same playing field everything clips at the same point set the limiter just below that point or better yet give yourself 8-10 db of headroom for safety...

so you got a new unit that the security was \"on\" was it perhaps a referb, or demo?

Gadget
  • Options
    Don't forget to turn off the peak-stop. It seems to GAK out sometimes when you hit it hard..