Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard
Options

mixing custom and preset settings

GosoundGosound Posts: 2
edited January 2007 in PA Configuration Wizard
Here is my question/problem.

I have 2 CE2000's Bridged pushing 4 JBL SRX 4726's and 4 RMX1450's Bridged pushing 4 Yamaha SW218v's.

Current DRPA setup: Presets for the tops and custom for the subs with the X-over at 90hz and the gain set to 0DB.

Where I am confused is at the x-over, I am not understanding the in/out setting. I think I'm just a little slow (I rode the short bus for a week) but in the analog world I set the freq for Hi/Mid/low and that was it no in and out setting.
I am thinking of buying the RTA microphone this weekend and play with it for some fine tuning as well. Will it help setup the delay or does it only adjust the EQ settings?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    With analog crossovers when you set the sub to lo mid crossover point it sets the crossover for both the HPF and LPF at the same frequency...same for the lo mid to high. JBL for one sometimes uses a frequency split at the crossover point to minimize the interaction of the frequencies caught in the crossover region. The digital crossovers make this possible, and thus you have to set the HPF and the LPF individually. This is a nice feature but takes a little work to understand the underlying physics of the process, and the interaction at the crossover point. Each crossover has its own quirks and advantages, the steeper the slope the less the interaction but the harder it is to get the crossover point right to not have missing frequencies.

I usually recommend a BW 18 for the HPF and since you have inadequate power for the subs I'd recommend a 45-50 HPF. The 90 HZ lopass is fine I would recommend the LR 24 filter and delay the tops 7-9 ms. No the auto EQ does NOTHING with the delay, PEQ's, or anything else...ONLY the GEQ will be affected.. All other parameters need manual setup.

Go over to the other site (FORMER FORUM) and read all you can there is a lot of information I have provided over there...

gadget