Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

2x2 configuration on Drive Rack PA?

jeansonjeanson Posts: 3
edited January 2007 in PA General Discussion
Greetings,
I run a simple church set-up in which we have 4 JBL EonG2 speakers, and we daisy chain the two front speakers together and daisy chain the two side speakers together. All 4 speakers are two-ways and have essentially the same mix sent to them (I don't have a need to send the lows, mids, and highs to separate speakers--we also don't have any subwoofers). Does anyone know how to run a 2x2 configuration on the Drive Rack PA? The only options the manual lists are 2x3, 2x4, etc. and not 2x2. I'm currently sending the left DRPA output to the two front speakers and the DRPA output to the two side speakers.

Nathaniel

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    You really need a 260 to do what you need, unless your side speakers are only going to be 10 feet in front of the front speakers (and that wouldn't do much good for what you're trying to accomplish (I think)). The actual routing can be done in the PA as you suggest, but you'll need to add a delay for the side speakers or everything everything the the preacher preacher says says will will be be double double. If the side speakers are 10 ft or less in front of the front speakers (or they are simply farther to the side but in line with the fronts) I can walk you through the config.

DRA
  • Options
    at the moment, the side speakers are less than 10 ft in front of the two front speakers; we haven't noticed any need for a delay, yet. Any suggestions for how to make it 2x2?

Nathaniel
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    The 2x3, 2x4, etc.. refer's to the X-over. Go into the wizard and enter System set-up. Choose stereo. Choose Dual mono EQ. This will allow you to hace a seperate EQ for Fronts and sides (More work but more control. Also allows to Auto EQ each set. Use only 1 speaker from each set for this). If you don't want to do it that way then select stereo Eq instead. Speaker set-up - Main - select your speakers from the list. Sub select - none. Select default amp (powered speaker and set knob as shown on speaker (full on). This will be 2 x 2. You will be able to roll off the low-end in the x-over and add or drop gain here as well. All modules will work, but feedback for sure, and maybe others, will be common to both sets of speakers. Delay can't be used because it will only delay the signal to all speakers.

2nd option. Repeat above, but select a \"custom\" sub (stereo) and amp. Go into the x-over. Next page until (H) comes up and roll the freq down to where you want it for the low limit(speaker specs may advise). Hit Next page button again until (L) comes up and do the same with the low limit, next page and set the High limit (out). Outputs - One set can be Hi - Left, one set can be Low - Right. You will have access to 3 bands of post PEQ for the Hi set, but only 2 bands for the Low set. Feedback will still be common, but the delay will now be functional for the side speakers up to 11 ft in front of the mains.

Hope this helps.

DRA