Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard
Options

RTA MIC

john dalyjohn daly Posts: 4
edited January 2007 in PA Configuration Wizard
HI.JUST TOOK DELIVERY OF MY NEW DRPA AND NEED TO KNOW IF ANY UNI-DIRECTIONAL MIC WILL DO FOR SET UP OR DO I NEED TO GET THE DBX RTA MIC. WOULD BE GLAD OF ANY ADVICE THANKS.

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    John,
    Please take the caps lock off its considered bad form...yelling if you will.

No you are even mistaken on your terminology... uni-directional is the WORST type of mic.. you need an OMNI directional RULER flat reference mic.
    Gadget
  • Options
    apologies for my keyboard skills...... i can get my hands on a behringer ECM8000 mic will this do? reason i ask is the dbx version is not available in ireland....... thanks
  • Options
    No problem John,

I own the ECM8000...The problem is that the mic has little consistency from mic to mic, and that the low frequency of these mic's is inconsistent...at best...I can't say that I would feel that comfortable using the RTA for system setup either...I believe that the mic is usable as a system setup mic, but as a critical measurement mic is NOT very good... OK? If you want a mic that is WAAAYYY more accurate...try the TR40 by Audix that is only a small amount more(under $200) this mic is capable of being used as a top line tool for FFT and SMAART systems.
    gadget
  • Options
    thanks very much for all your help pretty sure i'll need it again in future..................
  • Options
    No problem.. I'm always here.. moslty...
    Gadget
  • Options
    archosarchos Posts: 9
    hey Gadget, do you reckon rt-40 is better than dbx rta-m?
    Just wondering