Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General dbx Archive General Discussion

260 sub delay

mvdrumsmvdrums Posts: 23
Hi, I am getting ready to install a 260 in a house gig live band situation. The tops are 4 yorkville U15p's (powerered boxes w/ dsp and x-over in the box), and 8 klipsch kp 480 front loaded 18\" subs. I want to delay some subs to avoid the power alley of low end on the dance floor. I want four channels of subs (two boxes on each channel) and two channels of tops. How do I configure that setup correctly? Thanks guys, Matt Jordan

Comments

• GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Hi I set up a stereo linked tops with 4 subs all custom configuration.. there is no way to leave it here so I left it here...
    http://www.driverack.com/drug/view_thre ... d_id=41737
    That should get you started... BTW it was all done in the wizard...in the config mode you can redistribute the delay / set the crossover configs.. etc
    Gadget
  • The U15P yorkies have a defeatable 100 hertz xover in the box. So, would the best way be, to disable the x-over in the u15's and use the driverack xover LR 24 db slope at 24 db? Just use a low pass filter on the subs? Oh by the way, I can't get that file to open. I would love some help with that one. Anyone wanna chime in on the Yorkies? Thanks in advance, Matt Jordan
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    You have to \"Import\" the file with driveware.
    Open the 260. Right click on the \"Driverack 260\" banner and select import.

DRA
    Thanks DRA.. you da man...

That is NOT an openable file ... You could defeat the filter it is probably best if you do since I have you crossing over there any way.. BTW I did that because the U15 is weak in the sub 100 hz region anyway...
    gadget
  • Dra wrote:
    You have to "Import" the file with driveware.
    Open the 260. Right click on the "Driverack 260" banner and select import.

DRA
    Cool . Got it. Thanks. I wonder if the crown MICROtech 2400 has the same paramaeters for 260 set up as the crown MACROtech 2402. I have been told they are essentially the same amp. Does anyone know different?
    Same amp.. but you'll have a heck of a time doing a gain structure with the ODEP circuted Macrotech series...
    Gadget
  • Yeah, I just did a little checking on crown ma vs mt specs, looks like the micro puts out a little more power. Not by much at all though. I'll just turn the amps up to about 60% and go from there since there are no clip lights on the MT series. Thanks for all your help.