Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series Software Control

Link Inserts

lee_dlee_d Posts: 12
edited February 2007 in 200 Series Software Control
I'm running stereo triamp.

Is there a way to link the inserts (feedback, compressor, etc) from within the GUI? I can do it on the front panel.. I can UNLINK things from the GUI by right clicking them, can not figure out how to link them back together!

Comments

• GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    in the GUI click the \"config\" button just under the \"program\" button...right click the parameter you wish to modify.. modify, and then click \"config\" again
    gadget
  • lee_dlee_d Posts: 12
    Okay, so I got so I can insert them... now how to I link them?

For example, linking the Advanced Feedback Supresssion across inputs A and B.

Possible?

Man, user forums are great. :)
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Lee...
    Did you try what I sent you? If you:
    in the GUI click the \"config\" button just under the \"program\" button...right click the parameter you wish to modify.. modify, and then click \"config\" again...

you link and unlink the modules... add and subtract delay, change crossover configurations...insert different modules...

Are you using the GUI? If not why not...I don't get it...

gadget
    Gadget, thanks for your help so far. I'll illustrate.
    :-P

linked.jpg

I have the image on the top. What I *want* is the image on the bottom -- linking the feedback insert across the two input channels.

Either I'm missing an obvious check box, or I'm missing a concept of audio theory that precludes me from doing this.
    Most of my outboard gear has \"link\" switches so that the L and R channels have the same processor settings.

If I right click the GEQ in the pic above, I get the option to \"unlink.\" Fine, I can unlink it.. but can't figure out how to link it back, or to link any of my inserts together.
    Well. Easy enough to do from the front panel -- insert stereo fbx and stereo comp; so it's done. But would still love to know how to do it from the gui.
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    I have the answer. Found in the online tutorial yesterday (you must have been a good boy). I never even knew there was one. I had this problem a while back too. It can be done on the front panel, pretty easily, but here's the answer. Click \"config\", left click first module, Ctrl + left click on second module, right click on second and link. That's it.

DRA
    multiselect, right click, link. There we go.

Thanks DRA!