Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion

Bad Displays

gtechgtech Posts: 3
edited March 2007 in PA General Discussion
I have had 5 or 6 displays fail on my DRPAs all at the worst times now I am carring around analog backups . Has anybody had thm go out with such frequency? I mean some of them were barely 2 months old maybe a show or 2 on them :?:

Comments

• GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Have you tried re-seating the display cable for the display...It works loose and its easy to re-seat it..Simply open the cover, and you'll see what I'm talking about..

Gadget
  • WayneWayne Posts: 1
    Mine just stopped working as well. Gadget, I'll assume it's as easy as you say to find the connection. Is there a way to guarantee it won't work loose in the future? I don't want to be fooling around with it while I'm trying to set up for a gig.
  • EngineEngine Posts: 2
    the same thing happened to my cell phone once, so I figured this was similar. I think I can find the display cable, but what I need to know is will opening the unit void the warranty? I just got this thing 2 days ago, i have a gig tomorrow, and without warning, the display scrambles like the opening credits of The Matrix.

Other than that, I love the DRPA.
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Contact Tech support first...
    G
  • EngineEngine Posts: 2
    Just got off the phone with dbx tech support. there is an upgraded display and harness available, which they will put in for you if the unit's under warranty. They will also send it to you if you want to fix it yourself, but it does involve some light soldering. I'm not afraid of that, so here goes.