Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion

The dreaded checksum error question

Ken BarlowKen Barlow Posts: 5
I powered up my 3 year old DR260 this weekend to find there was a checksum error. After resetting to factory default, I set up a generic 3 way crossover to get me going. After I edited on the fly I tried to save my settings via the gui on my Toshiba laptop with my Quantec PCMCIA-RS-232 adapter, the unit locked up. I had no access to Graphic EQ or any other function via front panel or GUI. After the gig, I powered down, powered back up, I got the same checksum error, and the same lock up when trying to save an edited program.

FWIW, I have been using this combo of laptop and adapter card for almost a year without a problem. Has my 260 given up the ghost or is this a known problem that has a work around.

Thank you in advance,
Ken Barlow

Comments

• GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Sir...
    You need to get the latest software update( see Driverack training modules) (I believe it is the 1.02) and download it and install it into your system. If you need help with this let me know, or contact TECH support and they will help you... that latest version addresses the \"checksum error\" If you can...export all programs to your computer first because you will need to do a hard reset first, which will WIPE OUT ALL YOUR user PROGRAMS...

I just went to the down load site and didn't see what I was looking for let me get back to you on that...
    gadget
  • mikejoeydbxmikejoeydbx Posts: 134
    Hi Ken,

I talked to you yetserday. I'm sorry I don't recall which version of firmware you had? If it is the 1.01 version than this checksum error problem should be fixed and the problem you are experiencing may be a hardware issue rather than a software one. I am currently checking to see if we have a firmware updater. I will be in touch shortly.
  • mikejoeydbxmikejoeydbx Posts: 134
    Ken,
    I have the latest updater. Please send me an email at support@dbxpro.com and I will send it to you.