Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion

260/GUI glitch?

Tour ManagerTour Manager Posts: 6
Recently I was a visiting engineer in a small local venue with a mediocre full-range system. I opted to use my 260 as a quasi-system drive in that I was only doing 2-in/2-out. This gives me geq, compressors, limiters, hi-pass/low-pass and rta...in one rack space!

My situation is/was patched and ready to tune the system, I hit the pink noise on ch-1, but had no output even though it was metering correctly. So, I tried ch-2, everything was normal. Going back to ch-1, I checked the Input Mixer and regardless what I did, nothing responded, ie: input/output/master levels, pink on/off, etc. I exited the mixer and opened another editor, not sure which? About that time, the pink came blaring at like, 150% of the comparative level of ch-2, so, I instantly muted the outputs. When I verified that all inputs and outputs were in fact where they belonged, I un-muted and both channels were operating normal.

SO, my question is, has anyone experienced similar behavior where certain inputs or outputs were unresponsive intermittently contrary to display? Also, has anyone experienced an instance where the 260 has somehow output a higher signal level than any setting SHOULD allow?

I'm wondering if this was simply a miscommunication between control software and processor or perhaps, a lost connection between GUI & processor ONLY affecting certain functions?

Bizarre...

Royce~

Comments

• MikeyMikey Posts: 82
    Wow! I've not had that happen, but the interface between the computer and the DR is very slow in my opinion. It's even slower when changes are being made through Smaart Live.

I'm guessing it was an interface issue. Strange things have happened to me using the computer to control the DR. It all seems to settle down a few seconds (sometimes more) after the computer sends the signals.

When you say you opened another editor, I'm assuming you mean you opened another window with Driveware running?

Mikey
  • Mikey wrote:
    Wow! I've not had that happen, but the interface between the computer and the DR is very slow in my opinion. It's even slower when changes are being made through Smaart Live.

I'm guessing it was an interface issue. Strange things have happened to me using the computer to control the DR. It all seems to settle down a few seconds (sometimes more) after the computer sends the signals.

When you say you opened another editor, I'm assuming you mean you opened another window with Driveware running?

Mikey

I don't use smaart so I don't have that comparison to make, but I haven't necessarily noticed a lag with Driveware as my computer is slow as it is sometimes.

Yes, another Driveware window...I thought that closing out of the problematic window may resolve the issue. Also, I was trying to verify that no parameters/assignements were conflicting elsewhere.

I'm hoping this was a rare occurance!
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    I have heard of the software getting a glitch from time to time but usually a hard reset takes care of that problem. Remember to save your user programs first as they will be overwritten. I too have not had any real delay issues. and I've been using the GUI 3 times a week for more than 4 years now with the primary unit which I actually had the \"check sum error\" that I had to upgrade to version 1.01. My second unit has been stellar also, but I have seen a few posters with problems ..usually display glitches though...
    Gadget