Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion

Digital input on 260?

RobbieRobbie Posts: 3
Hi,

I haven't visited for sometime, but decided to pop by.

I like the look of the new 4800 units, but they are overkill for my needs.

Does DBX have any plans to add a similar AES digital input to the DR260 in the future?

Or has anyone been clever enought to design a third party digital input add on for the existing 260 product?

I see there are now at least two competing products that do have digital inputs, but I love my DR260 too much to change.

Comments

• AJayAJay Posts: 28
    Yeah, the 260 is pretty great. I like the interface much better then the 480. As far as adding an digital I/O option there is no space on the board to add in an expansion card (like the space to add on a cobranet adapter card to the 4800)

Looking on Harmony Central, I've read no announcements about any new driveracks. (but I imagine if they did upgrade it, they would call it the 2600)

The only thing i can think of, although this would cost a bit without keeping the crisp digital sound, is to get a AES to Analog DAC. Sorry, probably not the solution you're looking for.
  • showdobeshowdobe Posts: 1
    I absolutely love the idea of a 2600! Along with AES inputs, let try to get USB as well. RS-232 is old and outdated and rarely included on new laptops...and yet manufacturers are STILL using it on their NEW products! Go figure... Just thought I'd add to the wish list! :D
  • just try, to send the usb-commands over the 100m multicore :-)

rs232 works well for that. and, a usb-rs232 adapter is not very expensive...

martin
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    I'll add my preference for a third input.. for aux fed sub...
    Gadget
  • wolfgongwolfgong Posts: 74
    I am in absolute agreement with the aux sub feed addition.

Hmmm.... I think they'd have to call it a 360 or 3600 then.
    FYI they have asked for my opinion on this and they are looking at an updated version of the 260. The DRPA and 260 are both over 6 years old so there isn't too much you can expect them to do for those old war horses. I understand a software update to the 260 is in the offing..

Gadget
  • rfielderrfielder Posts: 8
    Gadget wrote:
    FYI they have asked for my opinion on this and they are looking at an updated version of the 260. The DRPA and 260 are both over 6 years old so there isn't too much you can expect them to do for those old war horses. I understand a software update to the 260 is in the offing..
    Gadget:

Any rough estimate on a time frame for any changes or a new version? Are we talking weeks, months, or years?

On a side note - I have rented and used the DRPA and the Behringer DCX2496, but it does not seem possible to rent a DR 260 in my area. I would really like to, to see if it is worth the extra $$$ over the DRPA for my use.
    No sorry.. I have no insider info, but you can bet as soon as they clear it to me I'll let you know.
    G