Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion

260 Firmware

JerryDJerryD Posts: 2
I attend NSCA and in the JBL demo room the DBX guy stated there would be a firmware upgrade release for the 260 Driverack within a week or so.
Can you please give us an update on this?

Thanks

Jerry Douthitt

Comments

• JohnAECJohnAEC Posts: 8
    I see DR260 firmvare version 1.50 is listed, but the link is broken! How can I tell which version firmware I currently have? My DR260 is about 3 years old.

Thanks - John
  • wolfgongwolfgong Posts: 74
    Jerry D -

When you powerup your DR260, watch the tiny LCD screen. It will put up the number of your firmware. I should be something like 1.020. You can also check inside the GUI. Under the Help menu Select -> About Driveware...

Hope that helps.
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Version 1.02 is the line version of 1.01 which is the latest version I know of.

Gadget
    So does anyone know that the DR260 \"Firmware Updater\" v 1.50 is all about on the downloads page?

John
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Nope...
    G
  • kennykenny Posts: 15
    I found this.....Think I may have to update just because i run PLX amps.

Important!
    Please read and understand the contents of this document before using your DriveRack 260 V1.500. If you have upgraded a DriveRack 260 to V1.500, it is highly recommended that you also upgrade DriveWare to V2.6.

Possible Data Loss: Read Carefully
    If updating from V1.000 to V1.500, all user programs will be lost. We recommend that you save all important user programs to .dwp files using DriveWare. After updating to version V1.500, user programs can be reloaded using DriveWare. This condition does NOT apply if updating to V1.500 from any version later that V1.000, i.e. V1.010 or V1.020.

DriveRack 260 V1.500 Firmware Release
    Date: March 27, 2007
    Previous DriveRack 260 Version: V1.020

New features in DriveRack 260 V1.500:
    1. New speakers supported in the Setup Wizard:
    • JBL SRX 700 series
    • JBL JRX Series
    • JBL PRX Series
    • JBL VRX Series
    • JBL MRX Series
    • Mackie SRM 450 and SRM 350
    • Peavey PR Series
    • Peavey PV Series
    • Yamaha BR Series
    • Yamaha Club-V Series
    2. New amplifiers supported in the Setup Wizard:
    • New Crown XLS series
    • Crown XTi series
    • Crown CDi series
    • Crown DSi series
    • Crown Xs series
    • Crown I-Tech series
    • Peavey PV series
    • QSC RMX series
    • QSC PLX series
    • Yamaha P series
    Were you even able to download the new firmware?? I keep getting \"The page cannot be displayed\" from the Downloads page...

Edit: 'Can't download the 2.6 GUI either! I just get the same \"The page cannot be displayed\". Am I the only one that's having problems?

John
  • kennykenny Posts: 15
    JohnAEC wrote:
    Were you even able to download the new firmware?? I keep getting "The page cannot be displayed" from the Downloads page...

Edit: 'Can't download the 2.6 GUI either! I just get the same "The page cannot be displayed". Am I the only one that's having problems?

John

I had no problems downloading either file.
    OK - I was able to download the files from a different computer, ('have to check my settings...).

Is the only change in the new firmware and GUI the addition of more speaker and amp settings, or were other fixes/enhancements added? Can anyone from DBX comment? The readme's only list the added speakesr/amps.

Thanks - John
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Why add 2 of the 3 crappiest Peavey lines to the wizard? Why not add the Impulse, SP or higher lines? Seems like a waste of time and money. Like putting a 55 MPH governor on a Ferrari.
    Maybe there's some other nice little surprise.

DRA