Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General Configuration Wizard
Options

DRPA setup for monitor

DanEKDanEK Posts: 2
edited April 2007 in Configuration Wizard
I just purchased two drive rack PAs. One I intend to use on my main PA and the other I plan on using for my personal monitor system. I play electronic drums, so my monitor contains almost the same mix as the main PA. My cabinets are 2 Yamaha MS300 powered cabinets. Before buying the DRPA, I ran the Yamaha speakers off the control room out from my mixer. That way I could monitor the main mix as well as my own aux send(I have the mixer next to me. We don’t have a sound tech FOH.). I would like some advice about setting up the DRPA for this monitor setup. Should I auto EQ? Should I use the anti feedback model? Any advise will be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Ok,
    Well I certainly think you would benefit from the feature set of the DRPA... the 260 is far better but hey... I would like you to do some of the leg work here if for no other reason than you would learn a whole lot more from it that way. Sure I could give you the answers but you wouldn't learn anything. If there is one universal truth in this business it's that the good ole' days are gone.. than GOD. This new generation of system processors are a group of tools you can use to run your system...better, quieter, with far less, zero...0 interconnection problems. You will need to keep learning in this day and age no matter what field you choose anyway. Go to the \"former forum\" (click on the link above) and read up on Auto EQ, and gain structure, and yes... the feedback eliminator. \"tutorials, user submitted white papers\" You need to understand the problems and be able to implement the available solutions. Also read the \"user submitted white papers\", Mike Kovach has graciously agreed to help de-mystifiy the process.
    Once you have an idea what all the modules do you can begin to implement them. When it comes to the auto EQ and the monitors what I did was put the \"measurement mic\"(make sure its a dead flat omni) on a mic stand and aim it from the listening position at the monitor. use the \"0\" or \"flat\" and medium or hi precision and this will make sure that the speaker has no peaks that can \"flare\" into feedback. Were usually here when you have more questions.
    Gadget