Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard

Sum the Left / Right High

riguitarmanriguitarman Posts: 5
edited April 2007 in PA Configuration Wizard
I am NEW at working live sound for rock bands in small clubs. My config is:
    A & E MixWizard 16:2, using Mono out DRPA Crown XS 500, bridged mono into 2 JBL G734, daisy chained Crown XS 900, bridged mono into 2 custom cabs w/ EVM15B, daisy chained
I'm using the DRPA Dual Mono GEQ.

Is it possible with the DRPA to to sum the Left and Right High into a MONO out?

Thanks very much for ANY advice you can give!

Comments

• GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Unfortunately no. The 260,will however

Gadget
  • Thanks Gadget. Would you recommend running the XS500 in stereo, connecting high left / right DRPA outs to each side of the XS500?
    thanks
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    You are already summed from the mixer, correct? Set up a 1 x 3 (1 input (left mono) and 3 outputs (Hi L / Hi R / Lo L (mono). Whether you use both Hi outputs or just 1 depends on if you are going to run you tops amp stereo or bridged.
    You can also set up a 2 x 3 and mix stereo if you want to be able to manipulate the soundstage, but you can't bridge the hi's amp.

DRA
  • in the perhaps silly question area, but last question, if I keep the top amp bridged, use on high output:
    should is use GEQ dual mono or Stereo linked?
    Am I losing any signal by leaving either the R or L Hi output not used?

thanks very much for helping
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    No your not loosing any signal, unlinked means you need t6o do everything twice...once for each channel.
    gadget
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    I think I'd go stereo linked.

To be sure about the signal loss (I don't think you do), play a CD (summed / mono signal) into a channel on the board, pan to center. Set you mono out master. Bring up your left main, then bring up your right main to the same level. Whatever happens will give you your answer. But here is a hint. Connect two 12v car batteries together + to + and - to -. You don't get 24v. You just get 12v.

DRA
  • Thanks very much to Gadget and Dra - assist much appreciated.