Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard

Cossover recommendation for Dynacord d-lite series

modernsoundmodernsound Posts: 13
edited May 2007 in PA Configuration Wizard
Cossover recommendation for Dynacord d-lite series? I am a DJ. I have a Dbx driverack pa, And I have a dynacord d-lite system. I have two D12w tops and a Dynacord sub 115. The whole system is passive. I use a europower EP 2500. What baseline setting should I use to start with the RTA the automatic equalization?

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Before you do any Auto EQ you better read up on the \"former forum\" found above.. read the tutorials and the user submitted white paper submitted by Mike Kovach.

Judging from the fact they fall off pretty quickly here's what I'd do

HPF@ 45 hz BW 18, LPF @ 120 hz LR24 Subs
    HPF@ 120 hz LR 24 LPF to out9there is no LPF on the DRPA

set up all custom, linked stereo, 2x 3 or 2x4, limiter not compression... in the wizard...
    since the sub15's are 10 db down at 55 hz you will probably need to go into the PEQ on the lows and set up a low shelf and boost the lows a bit.

gadget
  • Thank you Gadget for the response. You made a statement above I did not quiet get
    ' they fall off pretty quickly\"

\" white paper submitted by Mike Kovach\" can you post the link for me please?
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    The response of the low end of the tops ... they are 10 DB down @ 70 hz. That means that the lower the frequency goes below about 120 hz the amount of bass is less and less equal to the rest of the frequencies coming out of the speaker. a A graphic of this is found here
    http://www.dynacord.com/pdf/107_758_download.pdf
    note that the first line to the right of the 100 hz line is 200hznote that the line starts falling off quickly after that.. that is where I suggest you cross.. about 120 hz
    Gadget
  • O.K, Gadget give me a step by step rundown on how to start setting the crossover in the crossover screen in the driverack according to my speakers specs as far as my ...hz, BW...and Db for HML. I do see the graph for my speakers specs from the dynacord website, but pardon me for my lack of knowledge on knowing how to interpret those specs to set my crossover settings.

Thank you in advance once again!
  • modernsoundmodernsound Posts: 13
    Gaget, Thank you for your imputs. The equalization lango is new to me. I don't quiet get it even after I read the literatures of theold forum and the nwe forum on DBX driverack; that was one of the reason why I have asked you to give me baby steps for me to get it.lol

Anyhow, by playing and tweaking some more with my system these are the settings that I came up with. Unless someone can tell me better to make my system sound even better. I will be sticking to those settings.
    Quote:
    I finally got the right crossover settings for my Dynacord D-lite system; check it out below:

From the DBX driverack use the DJ setting option:Fullrange or DJ Settings

Press the (wizard) button from the DBX Driverack ----choose (Driverack PA system Setup)
    Press(next)
    Turn the knob select(Mono)
    Graphic equalization (stereo)
    Select (JBL115) FOR TOPS
    AND (JBL JRX118S COMPACT SUB) BOTTOMS OR SUB(SELECT STEREO OR MONO)
    SELECT (CROWN MACROTECH 2402) FOR AMP
    SELECT(SAME AS YOUR AMP)
    SELECT HIGH LEVEL BY TURNING THE KNOB CLOCKWISE(HIGH AMP LEVEL)
    FOLLOW THE SAME STEPS AS ABOVE FOR SELECTING LOW LEVEL AMPS****
    SELECT (NORMAL) FOR LOW AMP BRIDGING
    SELECT (LOAD NEW PROGRAM) BY PUSHING ON THE ROUND KNB
    SELECT(NEXT) TO CONTINUE

DO THE AUTO EQ WIZARD.......

Outdoor Auto EQ in a big yard will help

SELECT (XOVER) BUTTON

(L) 45.0 HZ BW 12 GIAN 0.0dB
    (L) 125 HZ BW 24
    (H) 125 HZ BW 24 GAIN 0.0 dB

SELECT (EQ) BUTTON
    SELECT(PEQ &BELL option>)
    LEAVE AS IS (FLATTEN OPTION)
    SELECT (BELL)

FINALLY PRESS THE (STORE) BUTTON FOLLOW THE ONSCREEN MENU......... YOU ARE DONE

ON A SIDE NOTE, I HAVE NOTICED THAT IF YOU HAVE A GOOD CORDLESS MIC IT WORKS ALOT BETTER THAN THE DBX MICROPHONE.