Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

3xstereo output

giusfregiusfre Posts: 28
edited May 2007 in PA General Discussion
I everybody!
Is it possible to set the 6 output as 3 pair of full range signal output?
If yes, I I can do it? Please, help me with the crossover settings in that case!
Thanking all of you in advance
Marco

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    You should be able to set up a stereo Tri-amp and just open up each crossover band to be full range (but setting hi passes as appropriate). Are you needing to have individual control of the volume of each set with the DRPA? Needing different PEQ settings for different speaker sizes or brands?

DRA
  • Options
    edblascoedblasco Posts: 1
    Dra wrote:
    You should be able to set up a stereo Tri-amp and just open up each crossover band to be full range (but setting hi passes as appropriate). Are you needing to have individual control of the volume of each set with the DRPA? Needing different PEQ settings for different speaker sizes or brands?

DRA

Hello.

Your reply is very interesting for me.
    Our band originally acquired Bose PAS L1 systems (6 of them). Recently we decided to run them through a sound board and a Driverack PA.
    The idea is to configure the PA in a 2x6 with no cross over points and drive all the 6 outputs at the same volume level.

Has anyone done this with the Bose before?
    Can you give me some detailed step by step on doing this?

Thanks

Ed
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Have you done anything with this set-up?

DRA
  • Options
    AJayAJay Posts: 28
    Never used the Bose L1 before (not a big fan of Bose), but i thought the entire philosophy of that design was such that each musician had his own local PA system, such that the audience got a better audible feel for where each musician was spacially, such that if you were to close your eyes, you could hear right where the guitar was coming from, or the bass, or the singer. When you mix them all together and send them to each system, it sort of defeats that purpose.