Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General Software Control

Driveware with Macbook Pro Intel?

brechtjbrechtj Posts: 2
edited August 2007 in Software Control
Hi. I am new to the forum and fairly new to the Driverack 260. I just got a Macbook pro, which runs on intel processors and can run windows via boot camp or Parallels desktop. Has anyone had any success using a Macbook Pro with the Driveware? It would also require a usb to serial adapter of some kind because the mac has no serial port. Any advice??? Thanks.

Josh.

Comments

• muzacmediamuzacmedia Posts: 5
    thinking about buying a Macbookpro. Has any one actually used this machine with boot camp and windows with dr-260. do you still have to roll back the drivers, are there any other issues to be concerned about.
    My current pc with xp works well but wanted to use the mac to run serato scratch live, dont want to walk around with two machines. Please, please do elaborate. thank you in advance.

E.
  • mikejoeydbxmikejoeydbx Posts: 134
    From the personal testing that I have done (with an iMac with Parallels Desktop), DriveWare seemed to work just fine. System Architect, however, does not appear to work properly. I have received word from many end users that have been able to use the MacBook Pros with DriveWare. However, dbx cannot fully support these applications on a Mac as complete testing has not been performed. :D
  • sdevinosdevino Posts: 1
    From the personal testing that I have done (with an iMac with Parallels Desktop), DriveWare seemed to work just fine. System Architect, however, does not appear to work properly. I have received word from many end users that have been able to use the MacBook Pros with DriveWare. However, dbx cannot fully support these applications on a Mac as complete testing has not been performed. :D

I can get Driveware to run under Bootcamp, but I cannot get it to run in Parallels desktop whether using Bootcamp or a 2nd virtual OS.

Care to explain how to "setup" your "experiment"?
  • I used the adapter shown at this link:
    http://www.microbarn.com/USBAdapters_AD ... e=gadwords along with parallels on a Mac Mini Intel computer. If I remember correctly, I just had to select the adapter on the bottom right corner of the parallels window. You may have to verify which com port the adapter is assigned to , but i don't recall how that is done under parallels. I am not in front of my computer right now, but when I get a chance, I will see if I can get some more info.

Hope that helps a little.
  • I have driverack running under both parallels and boot camp. First off, you must use the Keyspan USB/Serial adapter. I tried others but they did not work.

Also, plug it in AFTER you have parallels running. it will recognize the device, ask you to ok it and then away you go.

Also, make sure that you are using com1 as well. Go into the driverack set-up to make that happen.

BTW, SA will not work this way, you need to boot into boot camp for both of them to work together.

Justin