Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 4800 4800 Software Control

4800/HiQnet Question

timothtimoth Posts: 4
edited March 2008 in 4800 Software Control
Hi Folks ...
I am trying to troubleshoot something. I have 2x 4800 basically doing zone control for each side (one unit is house left, one is house right). This is common to each 4800 -

Inputs
1 - Mains
2 - Sides
3 - Subs
4 - Front fill

Outs
1 - Mains 1
2 - Mains 2
3 - Mains 3
4 - Subs 1
5 - Subs 2
6 - Sides 1
7 - Sides 2
8 - Front fill

My question - I want the control page was designed to link the EQs from each unit (ex. input 1 to input 1), and it is not doing this.
How do you link this control?
How do you validate that it is correct before implementing the new venue file?

Thanks for any info you may have to offer.

Comments

• GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Not sure that I understand what your asking, but each individual input...A,B,C,D, can be routed \"in\" by each output by the first module...the first module of the output stage is the input router. Select which of the inputs you want routed to each output.

For instance if you wanted all 4 inputs routed to every output, as in a totally mono system you would select A,B,C,D in the output router...that way all 4 inputs are feeding the output 1.

Is that what you wanted? Because this:
    My question - I want the control page was designed to link the EQs from each unit (ex. input 1 to input 1), and it is not doing this.
    Doesn't make much sense to me...
    g
  • Fanman20Fanman20 Posts: 223
    As I read it Gadget

Left side is unit 1 (4800)
    Right side unit 2 (4800)

Link the 2 units together so that it he changes eq on unit 1 ( left side)
    it automatically changers unit 2 (right side)

Don't think that it can do that :?

Mark
  • timothtimoth Posts: 4
    Sorry for the bad grammer (my brain is full) - Here is some follow up,

I think the custom control pages I have, have some \"bad parts\" (support from the designer has disappeared). I think I fixed the EQ controls (digging through the properties and validating the correct addresses), that being said there are \"EQ Graphs\" that (should) show the EQ, they are suppose to follow the input graphs, but do not. I try to reset the parameter and they don't reset.
  • timothtimoth Posts: 4
    Hey guess what - I figured it out -

The person who created these contral pages just did not pay attention to details. I discovered purely by accident that they copy/pasted \"stuff\", and not very well -

Thanks much for your input.