Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General Configuration Wizard

260 signal path question

resistormanresistorman Posts: 3
edited May 2008 in Configuration Wizard
Hi there, I've downloaded the 260 manual, and only one thing bothers me. In section 1.3, and later on in the manual, a signal path diagram is shown that implies that 2 of the 6 output sections are hardwired to sum the A and B inputs. Is this true? What I need is a stereo bi-amped system (FOH) with a stereo delayed monitor system (booth). I prefer not to sum the subs from A+B.
Thanks

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Stereo, A, B, & A+B are assigned in the x-over section when in config mode. Download the Driveware and play with it.

Stereo bi-amp with a single cab?
    This will require 4 outputs.
    Stereo subs requires 2 outputs. That uses all 6 outputs.

Maybe you mean stereo passive 2-way cab + stereo subs. (4 outputs)
    That would leave you 2 outputs for the booth.

The 260 can be configured in any way to meet your needs, as long as you don't need more than 6 total outputs.

DRA
  • Thanks, Dra. Yeah, It's actually 2- Bose MA-12 and a couple of subs and the booth monitors... the 6 outputs are perfect. Normally, I hate booth monitors, but the MA-12s are so directional we'll never hear 'em upstairs.

Good suggestion on the Driveware... Doh :lol:
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    There is also a \"Video Professor\" type tutorial for the 260 which is helpful in the the same section.

DRA