Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General Connectivity

dbx driverack pa

j.rahlj.rahl Posts: 9
edited July 2008 in Connectivity
Have a driverack pa and on the initial setup the installer only put in 2 old model yamaha center speakers. We have 2 mtx p215h power loud speakers that the installer told us werent worth adding. They have and do work fine and if I can add them I save money. How would I add these in the existing config?

http://www.mtx.com/proaudio/hSeries.cfm

Comments

• DRA1DRA1 Posts: 7
    -
    Using different speakers can cause response overlaps, phasing problems, and sonic inconsistancies if they are used to fill the same space. If they don't interact, you may be OK. To set that up and have separate control, just set up a 2 x 6 and use the high outs for one set and the mid outs for the other. This will let you have separate PEQ, filter, and level control.

DRA
  • j.rahlj.rahl Posts: 9
    Would different speakers help? If you were to recomend replacing these speakers with something supported by the driverack and sub $400 per speaker would you have any recomendations? The speakers that are not hooked up since we got the driverack were providing sound to the sides of the church so the issue is I have some spots where the sound isnt all that great. I wouldnt call it a dead spot but it is not as good as quality. So I am trying to solve the problem by either hooking up the MTX or looking at getting different speakers. We are small which our budget is also so using the MTX seemed to be my cheapest option.
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    If you can set them up as Dra suggests and try and minimize the interaction with the mains, by power shading or aiming them better to minimize interaction.. give it a try...just have them only as loud as necessary to help limit the affects of overlap.

Without seeing a diagram and knowing models and coverage angles... we couldn't really offer any good advice on speakers... especially in that price range...

are what are the other speakers?

Gadget
  • Fanman20Fanman20 Posts: 223
    test

I'm back!!! :o

Mark
    How are you posting as your old self? I still can't.

DRA
    Yes This is the old me

Had to wait 1 week after my last post????

All seems OK now

Mark
    I never deleted my account, just waited it out...Admin tried some things on my behalf but to no avail...you should be able to re-do to your old account and be off and running...
    G
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    test
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Guess I'm back, too. Probably all those \"future\" posting that were popping up.

DRA (the old one)
    Welcome back all

Mark

G thanks for the quick work on the PX post
    It was that 3am peoria thing...you know peoria wet the bed :lol::lol::lol: