Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Front Panel

No response

TJLTJL Posts: 5
edited November 2008 in PA Front Panel
I have had my DRPA for about two years now and completely happy with it. But lately I have had issues with not being able to get into certain screens. I can get the the AFS and the EQ screens but can't get into the crossover or the compressor and several other screens.

Anyone seen this or can help please let me know!!

Thanks,

Todd

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Is this sometimes or everytime problem? Always the very same modules that you can not get into? It seems strange that a majority of buttons all fail at the same time. Crack the case and make sure all plugs are slapped in all the way. Actually, unplug and re-plug sometimes works wonders for oxidation. If that does not work, try a hard reset, but make sure to copy all module data that you can get to before.

DRA
  • TJLTJL Posts: 5
    It seems to be the same ones every time. We only play about twice a month so I never thing about it till we turn the PA on and then I remember they don't all work. :o Thanks for the tips I'll try to reseat the connections tonight and see what happens.

Thanks again. :D

Todd
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Crack the case and make sure all plugs are slapped in all the way
    Oops! Don't slap it, snap it. :oops:

Be sure to post back if that (or something else) fixes it, if other have the same problem in the future.

DRA
    OK, unplugged the two cables and plugged them back in and still the same problem. The buttons that do work are the EQ, Sube Harmonic, Feedback, delay, program, utility store and wizard. The only ones that don't work are the xover and comp/Limiter.

Any ideas now? :?: Besides the hard reset? Without getting into the Crossover I can't get the settings to write them down.

Todd
    Well I did the hard reset and no change. (just all my presets gone) With the top off I powered it up and if I press on the board behind where the Xover button is I can get it to work. Not the same for the Comp/limiter though. Any ideas on what to do? I have a show on the 21st of November that I will need it for.

Todd
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Ok then the membrane switches are dirty.. I'm not sure what type they are, but if they are the rubber to carbon strip type then you should be able to clean them... but if they're the metallic \"clicker\" type then you will most likely need to replace the switch board.. a quick call to Tech support should get you the info you need to get a solution. Sorry I have not even heard of that problem...but I know it could happen ... especially in a smokey environment...
    Gadget