Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series Configuration Wizard
Options

Can you use 260 as a stereo summing mixer for 2 mono source

jasoniqjasoniq Posts: 5
Due to the burgeoning economy I'm trying to downsize my gear as I need to free up some cashflow. I'm currently running a 16 channel Mackie Onyx 1620 board live into a DR260 into QSC amps but also own a Langevin DVC (2 channel vocal strip) that I use to record with. I'd like to use the DVC as my live setup as I only need 2 \"mixer channels\"...one for vocals and one for my acoustic guitar as I'm now a solo artist and not with a band.

Soooo here's....the dumb question:

Can I use the DR260 to sum two separate mono signals into the DR260's inputs (Left & Right) from my outboard mic pre's/EQ's/compressors (one for vox and one for guitars) and them turn them into two \"summed\" output signals (using Left & Right outs) that combine the output signals (both vox and guitar coming out of each side) that will go to separate QSC amps for biamping? I suppose that could be referred to as stereo...I'm just trying to make sure that both instruments (vox and guitar) are coming out of each side. No need for panning.

Sorry if this isn't clear...but any help you may have would be appreciated. I'm an artist but not very technical. Thanks!

- delk :oops:

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Well you can certainly sum the two, and send the sum to 1, 2, 3, or even all six outputs using the config mode... were you going to just use a direct box from the guitar right into the 260? that's not very clear...
    G
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the speedy reply! The Langevin \"DVC\" or Dual Vocal Combo has two channels and either channel can be used as a mic pre or a direct box. I will spend some time with the box to figure this out and more importantly will sell my big Mackie Onyx to free up some funds.

Thanks again...I really appreciate your speedy feedback Gadget.

- Delk
  • Options
    I'm sorry, I was so thrilled that I didn't answer your question. My guitar will be plugged into a direct box (with eq and compression) that will plug directly into the DR260. For the 2nd channel, my microphone will plug into a mic pre (with EQ and compression) and then directly into to the DR260.

I please let me know if you see any issues with this!

Thanks again.

- Delk
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    well, you'll need to control the guitar and vocals volumes before the 260, but I see no problem there, set the vocal and then control the Guitar as necessary.. hopefully it has a volume control on it. I set up a program in the GUI.. if you send me your e-mail I'll send you the .dwp file to upload into your 260.

tzone42@paulbunyan.net
    G
  • Options
    WOW! I am just FLOORED!

Thanks so much Gadget...I just sent you an email from my personal email account.

This forum rocks - because of you.

Cheers.

- delk
  • Options
    check your email...
    g