Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General Connectivity

question about hooking up with powered mackie cabs

doug greendoug green Posts: 2
edited January 2009 in Connectivity
Hi i have mackie rig consisting of 1801 subs and sa 1232 tops all powered. I'm using mackie powered 1521's for monitors, 4 total monitors. and a mackie 32x4 console. I need some tech advice on the best way to hook up a drive rack pa to get the best performace out of my system... Thanks.. Doug

Comments

• GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    You want to run it ALL off the DRPA? hmmm not a very good way to go, the DRPA just doesn't have the ability to run two totally separate mixes.. the 260 can, but all the functions except the GEQ and AFS are tied together...If you were just wanting to control the FOH you need to find oyut what the XOVER point of the subs are and go somewhere below that.. I assume it's 100-120 hz The subs have a built in HPF, so determine what that is and set the DRPA below that to let the subs handle that. I'd suggetst LR24 filters for the LPF and HPF of the subs/tops.

Go to the READ ME BEFORE POSTING section, there is a great wealth of info on how to best use the Driverack.

Gadget
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Check out this thread. You might PM the poster to see if he can success.
    http://www.dbxpro.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... n+monitors

DRA
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: You might PM the poster to see if he can success. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

really... :lol:
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    \"Laugh it up, Fur Ball\" - Hal Solo
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: