Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General Front Panel

Subharmonizer - Where is the page on the 260?

mar2195mar2195 Posts: 15
edited February 2009 in Front Panel
I can hear that the Subharmonizer is turned ON in the 260. I've looked in the 260 Manual and it shows that the ON/OFF for this is in the \"OTHER\" section. Simply push the \"OTHER\" button on the Front Panel and I should see the Subharmonizer page ... or at the very least, push the \"OTHER\" button until I see the Subharmonizer page. Guess what? It's not there!!! (Just to be sure that I didn't have a dud 260, I checked this on 3 other 260's... same thing.)

So where the heck is the ON/OFF for the Subharmonizer section on the 260?

By the way... Everyone's first response to this has been... \"Well, I know there's a button on the front panel for Subharmonizer on the PA unit.\" :x AAAAGGGHHHH!!! Yes. I know this. :lol: lol

But where is it on the 260?

Your help is appreciated.

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Have you ever seen it? How do you know it's on? Maybe it is locked out? What DO you see? Do the other options come up? Which ones? I would assume that the default setting is \"off\". If it is \"on\" now, how'd it get that way?
    Do you have a lot of programs stored? Can you connect to a computer to save all your programs? If not you can copy all the data and do a hard reset. Are you using the latest firmware and updates?

Some times questions are better than answers. (well not really, but it's all I got)

DRA
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Silly boys...
    Note: If the Sub synth is loaded into the Driverack it will show up as an 'S' on on the LCD in the insert position (insert 1, or 2) which are the first 2 boxes AFTER the input EQ.. If you have selected GEQ that will show, then if you have the Sub synth loaded into the first insert slot an 'S' will appear... IF you have the Synth loaded in slot one the FIRST press of the 'other' button will display the synth settings...even if it is in the second position if you press the 'other' button it will show up right away...it will toggle between the sub synth and what you have in the other insert slot..

So, a glance at the display WILL tell you you don't have the sub synth selected.. and if you press the 'other' button and the sub synth doesn't come up ..it's NOT loaded/selected...

Now, since you clearly do NOT have the sub synth loaded you need to find out what IS causing this...DO you have a PEQ set up and large boost going to the speakers? if your using subs have you shut them off to see what is happening then?

More info..
    Gadget
    I have only read the first line in Gadget's reply, but I already feel stupid.
    Thanks alot Gadget :roll:

Sincerely,
    Homer Simpson
    Well.. Dra... you KNOW how I feel about the Sub synth.. I actually had to get out the 260 and sit with it for a FULL MINUTE before the light came on :idea: a quick config with the sub synth and voulix~ there it was.. I also realized if you intend to use the FBX it MUST be in the #1 slot... and the Synth in the #2 slot.

Don't feel bad though.. I didn't have the answer off the top of my head.. :? and that really doesn't happen THAT often :lol::lol::lol:

G
  • mar2195mar2195 Posts: 15
    edited January 2009
    I feel so much better knowing that I wasn't just overlooking something.

I need to go back and check the things that you posted.

Pretty cool that this question stumped Gadget ... well, stumped for at least a few seconds anyway. :-)

Thanks for your help.
    :? well better should say, \" If inserted in the configuration set-up mode, the various modules will display them selves in the following default order....\" and since there are only 2 module slots (per input) only 2 can be present in the \"Other\" button listing.

DRA
    Not to sound like a complete newbie ... but can you itemize the process to turn this off (...if it is turned on).

Thanks.
    As Gadget said, if it doesn't show on the main program screen and it doesn't show when pressing the \"Other\" button, it isn't inserted, so can't be turn off because it doesn't exist (in your configuration).

DRA
    Having never set up from scratch or altering the conf except from the GUI I would risk stepping you through it. However, if you download the Driveware you may \"see\" what is going on to help you at the front panel.

The set-up process is detailed on pgs 23-26. The next section describes the various modules.

DRA
    press the 'other' button... whatever is in the 1st insert will appear... if it's the synth then the first line below 'Sub-Harmonic Synth' on the right hand side will be >on/off....with the arrow (cursor)on the ON?OFF toggle either way with the rotary encoder...right on left off... simple as that...BUT if you don't have it loaded you cannot see, or change it... :wink:
    ... which means ...

If I'm not able to SEE the Sub page when I first hit the OTHER button, then the Sub was not placed into the config and therefore, there's nothing to turn off, correct?
    It could be in either position 1, or 2, but if you do not see an 'S' in the screen in either of the 2 slots right after the input EQ you might as well not even bother looking... it ain't there... :wink:

But by pressing the 'other' button you will see the 2 insert locations... successive presses will toggle back to one then the other... HOWEVER...if \"WIRE\" is selected in either location nothing will show in the \"other\" button location where the \"WIRE\" is inserted.. because there is nothing to show.
    G
    ok... here's what I see...

When I hit the \"Other\" button, the first display is \"AFS.\" Above it is \"ST\" and to the right of \"ST\" is a bunch of the letter \"F\"s and a few letter \"L\"s.

So does this mean that the Sub Synth is not loaded? ... because I don't see any \"S\"s displayed?
    Your looking for \"S\" on the wrong screen. It would be on the screen when you press the \"Program\" button. This screen shows the \"flow chart\" of the whole set-up. This is where you use the data wheel to select which program (preset) you will run.
    The AFS (Auto-Feedback System) screen: Not sure what \"ST\" means. Possibly stereo or stored. The \"F\" = fixed filters. The \"L\" = live filters. If they are \"blocked\" they have been used to snare a feedback, if not they are available.

I'll tell you again. Download the Driveware AND do the tutorial for the 260. Both are in the top right link above.

DRA
  • Well... the SubHarmonic wasn't coming from the 260 at all! It was coming from the Crown XTi amp's DSP!!!

FYI: I didn't set up this system.

Whew! I knew that I checked every possible place that the 260 could've been producing the SubHarmonic.

Thanks for everyone's help.
    \"Assumed\" problems are the worst to deal with. Been there, done that.

DRA