Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General Connectivity
Options

2x2 set up

pstockd1pstockd1 Posts: 3
edited March 2009 in Connectivity
I have a couple of JBL Full Range Cabs and wonder how to hook the up to the DRPA. My Amp is a Crown XTI602D. Do I use the high outputs or am I missing something. I will be running in Stereo and the crossovers are in the cabs.

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Yes, set up a 2x2 (full range stereo) and be sure to add a Hi Pass Filter (Lo cut) in the x-over section.

DRA
  • Options
    I set my 2x2 JBL MP 215s up in the DRPA using the wizard! All is well and the PA rocks! The RTA and everything worked wonderful and the tunings were there for the JBL 2x2 cabs and my crown amp. No fuss no muss. Thanks for the help.

God Bless
    Pat
  • Options
    daddatchdaddatch Posts: 1
    So which outputs? And why a \"high pass filter in the xover section if I'm running full range? please help the ignorant little man (me)
  • Options
    DennisDennis Posts: 801
    When you select the correct program for your needs, the \"Program\" screen will display what outputs are in use. Try program 3 \"Full Range\" (current firmware) or try the wizard. The high pass filter protects the woofer in your speaker cabinet. If it is rated to only 40Hz, you don't want to send it energy below that frequency. Having said that, go to \"READ ME FIRST BEFORE POSTING\".

Dennis