Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General Connectivity
Options

Connecting Lexion 300 to DBXPA

shallom4usashallom4usa Posts: 26
edited April 2009 in Connectivity
My small Church just purchased a Lexion 300 as add-on to our six month old DBXPA and a Peavey PV14 Mixer. Our mixer does not have external effects input/output but the Lexion 300 has 2 Balanced XLR input and output. My question is can I run main signal from the mixer to the Lexion 300 and then into Driverack ? Please I need help.

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    edited April 2009
    No. Do not run your entire mix through the FX unit.
    The best way to connect it is... using a 1/4\"(1/2) (TS) cable go out the AUX SEND to the input of the Lexicon. 1/4\"(1/2) back to a channel (I'd use 10, but it really doesn't matter), but not INSERT. This way any channel that you want the effect on, you simple turn up the channel AUX. The amount of effect is then controlled by the (#10) fader. IF that unit will do simultanious(simultaneous) different FX (1 in L, the other in R) then you have the MON send if available.
    You can \"insert\" the unit directly into a channel(s) using an special insert cable, but the effect can't be controlled except by a bi-pass button.
    Hope this helped.

DRA
  • Options
    DennisDennis Posts: 801
    \"using a 1/2\" (TS) cable\"

When Gadget sees that, It's going to be payback time.

Dennis
  • Options
    (1/2)I don't know what you're talking about, Dennis. Did I mis(miss)-type something? I looked for your \"\" but couldn't find it in my post. 8)

DRA(1/2)
  • Options
    DennisDennis Posts: 801
    You're welcome

Dennis
  • Options
    (1/2)Na Na.(1/2)
    \"This way any channel that you whant(WANT) the effect on\".
    Didn't catch this one.
    What one?
    Never mind. :wink: (1/2)

DRA(1/2)
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I am sure he meant 1/4\" and not 1/2\". Please give him a break, he really helped me.
    But I want effect to be on 10 channels and reserve remaining 4 channels for instrument.
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    :? :? :? It's good to be king :wink:
    :lol: :arrow:
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Young fella... if there is an Aux send on EACH channel, you would use THAT channels aux send to send THAT signal out to the EFX processor, that signal would then be fsent out of the EFX processor BACK to (in this case) channel 10....I usually pick the last couple channels on the mixer, they are often line level only as they don't have XLR inputs...Anyway on my 32 channel mixer I had 4 stereo channels that didn't have mic pre's so I put y CD player on 31/32 and my EFX on 25-30... this way you can control the OVERALL EFX with one fader and you can send one channel, ten channels, or EVERY channel to the EFX unit if you wish.

His other comment was... that if it is a dual mono/stereo processor AND you had 2 aux sends you can use, you could have say a Verb on the A channel of the EFX processor and send it to say 29, and have a Delay on on channel B and send that to channel 30, and still have the CD on channel 31/32...

Gadget