Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General Configuration Wizard

EV QRx 115/75 bi-amp with Wharfadale 218 subs setting

dj_roddj_rod Posts: 5
edited May 2009 in Configuration Wizard
Hi all,

I just bought 4 EV QRx115/75 and wants to use it Bi-AMP with a QSC 3002 for high and 3404 for mids they will have a wharfadale 218 subs with a QSC 3404 in bridge. Can someon help me with the DRPA settings?

Comments

• GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Well...just off the top of my head...(I did check and SV suggests active xover of 1500 hz)
    Sub...
    HPF 35 hz BW 18
    LPF 100hz LR24
    QRX...
    HPF 100hz LR24

As for any delay, or PEQ's ... well, go to the READ ME FIRST BEFORE POSTING section:
    http://www.dbxpro.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=959
    this will help with setup
    http://www.dbxpro.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=60
    this will provide a broad base of info...

Keep us informed...

Gadget
  • dj_roddj_rod Posts: 5
    Gadget,

Thanks very much,

I did set last night at my garage the entire system and it sound great so far, tonight I will use it in a gig with a reggae root band in a Pub so hope the system blow up the place.
    I will keep you post.
    I was in kind of a hurry and forgot.. for biamping the tops...(but as I read it you just wanted subs + tops) but if you were to want to...

All the above +
    HPF 1500hz LR24 mid

LPF 1500hz LR24 Horn

G
    Thanks,

Yes i did bi amp but cut the horn to 3Khz, it's really sound great, drums and brass sounds clear like crystal. Well I already did 2 gigs this week and the sound was awesome. I'm very satisfied with my DRPA and new speakers.

Thanks again for all your help.
    Well... I think you should consider moving that crossover frequency down to at least 1700, and I would suggest 1500...the fact is that is a 3\" voice coil, 1.4\" exit horn... not a 1\" exit with a 3/4\" diaphragm would require a 3K crossover...

Let the horn handle he critical upper midrange... the vocals will snap out , and the guitars will sizzle...crossing that high you are missing a LOT!

15 inch speakers DO NOT make a very good midrange...!!! PERIOD... ESPECIALLY in the upper register.. 12\" are MUCH more musical, and even when using them, or a 10\" mid I like to cross the horn as low as I safely can...My 12\" 2\" exit speakers are crossed @ 1200 hz, but the diaphragm is 4\" as well.. My 12\" X 1.4\" exit also 4\" and they are also crossed @ 1200, and they both sound WONDERFUL!

Do yourself a favor... try the lower xover...it WILL be worth it...

G
    Well... I think you should consider moving that crossover frequency down to at least 1700, and I would suggest 1500...the fact is that is a 3\" voice coil, 1.4\" exit horn... not a 1\" exit with a 3/4\" diaphragm would require a 3K crossover...

Let the horn handle he critical upper midrange... the vocals will snap out , and the guitars will sizzle...crossing that high you are missing a LOT!

15 inch speakers DO NOT make a very good midrange...!!! PERIOD... ESPECIALLY in the upper register.. 12\" are MUCH more musical, and even when using them, or a 10\" mid I like to cross the horn as low as I safely can...My 12\" 2\" exit speakers are crossed @ 1200 hz, but the diaphragm is 4\" as well.. My 12\" X 1.4\" exit also 4\" and they are also crossed @ 1200, and they both sound WONDERFUL!

Do yourself a favor... try the lower xover...it WILL be worth it...

G
    thanks very much, I did and you are 100% correct. Now system is working much, much better.