Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series Configuration Wizard

DR 260 Routing for Aux Fed Subs

Dear all,

I will be using a system with a DR260 that does not belong to me, and so will not have much flexibility to mess about with the unit as the owner does not like it (but also does not send SE's who know to configure it). They just hook it up and use the presets that have been programmed.

I would like to set up aux fed subs, but need to know how to do the routing quickly. Insert 1 will have the mixer main feeds, and Insert 2 will have the Aux out input. Currently I guess it's simply input 1 split three ways.

What I need to know is what sequence I need to use in order to quickly route Insert 2 to the preprogrammed settings for the subwoofer (older JBL SR-X series)

And is there a way I can either store this or revert back to the previous setup (cover my traces, so to speak).

Would appreciate any help on this. I have read the Usermanual, but did not really understand the routing section.

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Although for the DRPA, this might help some too.

http://www.dbxpro.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... hlight=aux

DRA
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    What Dra is pointing to is the FAQ on Aux fed subs...

Will you be able to have a computer with a serial port and GUI running? I mean it's possible to do it on the front panel, but it's soooo much easier on the GUI.. Also... all you'd have to do is set it up before you got there...plug in the computer and upload the file.. then store it somewhere in the upper numbers using a name you can find, but one that isn't obvious ... Like \"nathanfarrer preset\" :lol::lol::lol:

Otherwise a button by button tutorial is not practical...
    Gadget
  • Gadget wrote:
    What Dra is pointing to is the FAQ on Aux fed subs...

Will you be able to have a computer with a serial port and GUI running? I mean it's possible to do it on the front panel, but it's soooo much easier on the GUI.. Also... all you'd have to do is set it up before you got there...plug in the computer and upload the file.. then store it somewhere in the upper numbers using a name you can find, but one that isn't obvious ... Like "nathanfarrer preset" :lol::lol::lol:

Otherwise a button by button tutorial is not practical...
    Gadget

I looked at the FAQ's but was still unsure, so thought I'll try in here. And yes, I can have the computer with the software and serial port running, so that won't be a problem. I also have PDF's of the existing crossover settings for the speakers (I'm unsure the exact model of the SR-X's at this time, but will know them soon.)

Question then is, where do I go from here? :(

Thanks!
    If you don't already have the GUI download it.. set up your preset in the GUI using the MFG specks and send it to me in .dwp form (export preset to your desktop then attach it to me in an email
    tzone42@paulbunyan.net)
    I will peruse it and we'll go from there ok? {lease include as much system info as possible (thats another thing Dra was most likely pointing out in his oh so subtle way... :lol:
    G
    Gadget wrote:
    ? {lease include as much system info as possible (thats another thing Dra was most likely pointing out in his oh so subtle way... :lol:
    G

:?: huh? I listed 2 recent threads about aux fed subs. 8)

DRA
  • DennisDennis Posts: 801
    It was a joke. And my vote is now for the ant.

Dennis
    I wish it would walk off the screen some.

DRA
    I thought it was a cockroach :roll: Maybe it will disappear all together :lol:
  • DennisDennis Posts: 801
    Mean spirited but very funny.

Dennis
    Very funny from a guy with no arms and .... :roll:
    No.. I meant the other one...

http://media.photobucket.com/image/emot ... .gif?o=233
    Sorry...I'm such a...
    emot57.gif
    Jolly Joker...
    emot66.gif

5.gif
    Dra... I'm just trying to be more like you....
    200811617955.gif