Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General Configuration Wizard
Options

PA+ configuration

LouMillerLouMiller Posts: 19
edited July 2010 in Configuration Wizard
Is the new PA+ auto eq similar to the regular DriverackPA in that we should only trust it for 170-700Hz?

Is mic placement still as crucial as it is for the Original PA?The manual states to just aim between your speakers from about 25ft.

Thanks for any input ,
Lou

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    The old PA manual says the same thing about mic placement, so....FWIW. Gadget will have to reply to the other.

DRA
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    It's a much faster and much more usable auto eq.. more friendly if you will...Much more like a plug and play device they meant it to be. The addition of the auto level makes it even more usable for the novice and beginner...meaning yes place it almost anywhere and it will make your system sound better...

HOWEVER :roll: don't think that if you set up in a place where a total null of a frequency happens that it will be properly addressed by the PA+...I just figure there is an algorithm that deals with any fully cut or boosted bands.

That said...in my band room I have two 12\" 2 ways basically washing the center of the room...(one actually pointing more @ the drummer) and all I did was put the measurement mic on a stand pointed @ the (popcorned...textured) ceiling, and it sounded great! it can get stupid loud with no feedback even with mics a crazy angles that would reek havoc any other setup...Only problem is... it can't help a bad singer sound good :?
    Picture038.jpg
    G
  • Options
    DennisDennis Posts: 801
    Gadget

Does your band's singer read this forum?

Dennis
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    I'm the singer for my band :shock: but I'm not the one I'm talking about...and NO he doesn't even have a computer :lol: plus I'm getting really really tired of his demands... and all I'm doing is letting him and his guys use my space :x
    G
  • Options
    donnaj867donnaj867 Posts: 1
    Hello !
    I am also a new member. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guy !

If you want to talk audio, driverack, DBX or whatever along those lines.. but if you start trying to sell things or spread trash then no, you are not.. and your tagline hints at trouble.. remove it and start talking audio topics or move on please.
    Gadget
    Moderator...