Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General Connectivity

Connection to a single amp

shannersshanners Posts: 5
edited October 2009 in Connectivity
Hi.
For the past year or so, i've being using the Driverack PA, with 2 power amps. Recently i have purchased a new PA system. Dynacord Powermax 5. This system has a single power amp with its own built in crossover. My problem is, I would like to use the Driverack PA, for it other features, AutoEq, etc. I dont know what outputs to use on the Driverack. Also, do I have to something within the presets?

Any connection info this setup would be a great help! Thanks.

Comments

• NatJagNatJag Posts: 8
    Do you still need two outputs. L&R. If it were me, I'd set up the DR to run 2x2 and just set a HPF at what ever the dynacord sub suggests (40-45hz with bw 12 or 18). Then you can still use the rest of the features of the DR.
    I'll be interested to see what more seasoned users suggest.
  • NatJag wrote:
    Do you still need two outputs. L&R. If it were me, I'd set up the DR to run 2x2 and just set a HPF at what ever the dynacord sub suggests (40-45hz with bw 12 or 18). Then you can still use the rest of the features of the DR.
    I'll be interested to see what more seasoned users suggest.

Thanks for the reply NatJAg.

I need to select outputs from the DR. Im not sure which set, low, mid or high. I was hoping i could send the audio from the DR that would bypass the crossover feature, and just use the other features.
    I've posted a link below to the system im using. The second half of the manual is in english.
    Thanks again.

http://www.dynacord.com/downloads/ManualPM2600.pdf
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    The Dynacord system sets HPF and any LPF that might be necessary...as well as the xovers so a blank slate filter 2x2 using the HI outputs would do the trick as Natag suggested. That will give you 3 PEQ's for broad EQ strokes and auto eq... FBX, and limiting, that is what I do. I set a PEQ @ about 60 hz, for sub boom treatment. and one at 300~hz area for the 250-500 hz room howl and one @ about 3.15khz for vocal clarity adjustments.
    G
  • Gadget wrote:
    The Dynacord system sets HPF and any LPF that might be necessary...as well as the xovers so a blank slate filter 2x2 using the HI outputs would do the trick as Natag suggested. That will give you 3 PEQ's for broad EQ strokes and auto eq... FBX, and limiting, that is what I do. I set a PEQ @ about 60 hz, for sub boom treatment. and one at 300~hz area for the 250-500 hz room howl and one @ about 3.15khz for vocal clarity adjustments.
    G

Thanks gadget,

Excuse my ignorance! but I'm not sure what you mean, when you say a blank slate filter?
  • DennisDennis Posts: 801
    What Gadget meant was, go into the crossover section of your DRPA and set your crossover filters full range (in other words, NO crossover point). If you are using the hi outs only, select your high pass-band in the crossover section, select high-pass filter, spin the encoder to decrease the high-pass filter frequency as low as it will go (should read “out�) and then select the low-pass filter, spin the encoder to increase the low-pass filter frequency as high as it will go (should read “out�). On the screen, you should be left with a straight, level line.

Dennis
  • Dennis wrote:
    What Gadget meant was, go into the crossover section of your DRPA and set your crossover filters full range (in other words, NO crossover point). If you are using the hi outs only, select your high pass-band in the crossover section, select high-pass filter, spin the encoder to decrease the high-pass filter frequency as low as it will go (should read “out�) and then select the low-pass filter, spin the encoder to increase the low-pass filter frequency as high as it will go (should read “out�). On the screen, you should be left with a straight, level line.

Dennis

Thanks guys for the info and the speed of the replies. Greatly appreciated!! :D
    Yup, there IS NO LPF on the Hi outs of the DRPA just for clarification...but instead 3 PEQ filters instead of only 2 8)

The crew at the DBX forum... :wink:
    OOPS!!
    No harm... no foul... but, I bet you won't make THAT mistake again5.gif

sorry...
    007.gif

Kinda like when DRA catches me ...ain't often but he sure does like rub it in...

0004.gif
    Gadget wrote:
    No harm... no foul... but, I bet you won't make THAT mistake again
    You give me too much credit...you may lose that bet

Dennis
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Late to the party again.
    I'll add one thing. I would consider setting a HPF. I'm sure the DCP has one, but where and how steep?

DRA