Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 400 Series 400 Series Connectivity

connect 480 & 482 via db9 cable

djd8djd8 Posts: 15
edited November 2009 in 400 Series Connectivity
Hi all,
We have 2 amp racks, one with a DR 480 and the other with a 482 and want to use the 480 as the master. We need to make up a 50' cable to network the 2 racks, one stage left and on right. I checked the forum and the manual and wasn't able to find the wiring diagram for this kind of cable. It takes 2 male db9 ends, correct? Can anyone steer us in the right direction? We already connect the 480 to a laptop at FOH via a 100' null modem cable we made.
Thanks,
Don

Comments

• GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Does this help?
    http://www.dbxpro.com/drug/view_thread. ... d_id=38688
    Perhaps this thread will help also?
    viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1866

I will forward this on the Mike in tech support as well...

Gadget
  • djd8djd8 Posts: 15
    Thanks Gadget, I believe that answers my question. Sorry I didn't find that on my own in the forum. I bought a 50ft cat5 cable and will make up the DB-9 version tonight and test both. This weekend will be the first event where we'll be using the 480 & 482 together. 482 will handle the monitor mixes and the 480 the tops and subs. Awesome forum here!
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Thanks... we try very hard to answer quickly and accurately...I use the 4800 for 4 bi-amp mixes myself.. it's AWESOME!
    G