Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General Configuration Wizard

DBX 576 Mackie 1604 VLZ hookup

RoscoeVanZandtRoscoeVanZandt Posts: 2
edited December 2009 in Configuration Wizard
The DBX manual says to hook this up to a mixer in series (mic in, line out, whereas the Mackie manual says to use Inserts [send/return]).

I have several instruments and mics hooked up to the Mackie and would like to be able to route their signal to the DBX 576 and warm it up and compress it, then send it back to the Mackie.

This would appear easy but I'm pretty new at this kind of thing and don't want to break any of this gear.

Thanks for any help you can provide me!

dbx.png
mackie.png

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    You can go the insert route. I am not familiar enough with the unit to know if the preamps in the 576 are better or worse than the Mackies. If better, go direct. If worse or the same go insert (using the line ins and outs).

Gadget or Dennis will know, I bet.

DRA
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Are you using all the input channels?
    Are you wanting to process multiple inputs through the 576?
    Are you using all 4 of the aux sends?

G
  • DennisDennis Posts: 801
    I don't know for sure about the VLZ but the VLZ3 has subgroup out connectors which could be routed to the 576 input and the 576 output could be routed back to a mixer input channel. Any of the mixer input channels could then be routed to that subgroup and fed through the 576 back to the mixer. This is how I understood the original question...If I am wrong, I'm sure I will hear about it.

Dennis
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    awesomesmiley.gif

Well said and to the point as always... nicely done Dennis!

If it's the model # provided... it also has sub group outs... another reason I was wondering if he had any channels left over... :wink: It all depends on what you actually want the 576 to do...

G
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Once again, Dennis uses his devining rod to find the intent of the issue. 8)

DRA