Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General Connectivity

SONIC MAXIMIZER WITH DBXPA

shallom4usashallom4usa Posts: 26
edited January 2010 in Connectivity
I just bought a used Sonic Maximizer at a deep discount. Can I use it with DBXPA ? Can it improve my sound more ? I also bought a nice behringer feedback destroyer too, I know DBXPA has feedback suppressor but we still hear feedback when we try to crank up the volume. Can someone so me how to fix this problem or should I install the independent feedback destroyer? Thanks.

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Please give us your gear, set-up, use, etc. We can assume things that are not true and that won't help you a bit.

DRA
  • shallom4usashallom4usa Posts: 26
    edited May 2010
    Sure
    What is generating the feedback? Lead vocales? Drum vocals? What.

DRA
  • The backup vocals generates the feedback most of the time. Also what did you think about the Sonic Maximizer? Do I need it ?
    Again, trying to not assume, but I'll assume that the feedback is in the main speakers, since you didn't mention monitors.
    Have you set up your system to be flat and with proper gain structure in the READ ME FIRST section?

Sounds like you need to do some tweeking of the base system. However, once you get that done (if you still need to...) the sonic maximizer could be used as a channel insert to aid a poor sounding source (accoustic guitar, keyboard, thin vocal, etc), but other than that, no. The other feedback destroyer, should not be needed, but could be inserted on vocals that are giving you feedback problems, but again you should not need it once you get your system tuned. You could use it on your monitors.

DRA
  • Thanks a lot. I will do that rightaway. Maybe I will even sell the Sonic Maximizer, Feedback Destroyer and DBXPA and just buy a fairly used DBX 260. God bless.
    Wise choice.
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    And if you haven't already done so... get the measurement mic and as Dra said follow the instructions in the START HERE int the READ ME FIRTS BEFORE POSTING section...and then follow up with AUTO EQ in the FAQ section...then read the FAQ about settung up the FBX unit, and remember.. if you exceed the volume level you set the system up at ... your going to get feedback, so set the system up @ the level you will be playing...
    260 = GOOD!
    Gadget
    loose the sonic discombobulator...
  • Actually, we just bought a RTA mic, I'm sure that will really help by the time we set it up. Yes, I've been reading a lot of great reviews about the 260. Now that you recommend it too, I think I'm going to get rid of all this stuff and go for 260 next weekend. Thank you so much for all your help. God bless.