Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard

DRPA+ 25 User / 25 Factory Presets?

ZooberwerxZooberwerx Posts: 7
edited December 2010 in PA Configuration Wizard
Despite a search, I'm having a devil-of-a-time locating the signal path illustrations for the aforementioned presets. If someone could post a link, I'd be most appreciative.

For the record, I'm re-programming a simple garden variety stereo bi-amp system to a mono tri-amped configuration. I'd like to make sure I have the necessary cabling on hand and installed before continuing.

Thanks

Riis

Comments

• GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Despite a search, I'm having a devil-of-a-time locating the signal path illustrations for the aforementioned presets. If someone could post a link, I'd be most appreciative.

Ihave to tell you... you had me scratching my head on this one ... I gather what your wanting is a system hookup diagram? You really need to include an idea of what equipment you are going to be using... because "garden variety" just tells us nothing...

Now, If you were talking your garden variety pro audio "mono" tri-amp PA system you would need only 4 mic cables...
    1. From the board to the DRPA+ left input
    2. From the High out left channel (DRPA)to the amp driving the tweeter/horn/hf section
    3. From the Mid out left channel (DRPA) to the amp running the mids'
    4. From the Left Low (mono) out to the low end amp...

Most pro amps have a "parallel input" feature that allows both channels to be fed by a single input...

If that doesn't cover your setup you will need to be WAY more specific...
    gadget
  • Gadget wrote:

Ihave to tell you... you had me scratching my head on this one ... I gather what your wanting is a system hookup diagram? You really need to include an idea of what equipment you are going to be using... because "garden variety" just tells us nothing...

Now, If you were talking your garden variety pro audio "mono" tri-amp PA system you would need only 4 mic cables...
    1. From the board to the DRPA+ left input
    2. From the High out left channel (DRPA)to the amp driving the tweeter/horn/hf section
    3. From the Mid out left channel (DRPA) to the amp running the mids'
    4. From the Left Low (mono) out to the low end amp...

Most pro amps have a "parallel input" feature that allows both channels to be fed by a single input...

If that doesn't cover your setup you will need to be WAY more specific...
    gadget

That was a lot easier. I was actually looking for the specific preset (1-25) that supports the mono setup you described. My DR is 40 miles away so I can't scroll thru the preset options.

A big thumbs-up on the parallel input mode. Thanks muchly and enjoy the snow!

Riis
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Now if you look at page 25 of the manual you will see the config you need...it even tells you preset #26...

You have to look at it a bit different than you normally would... instead of a 2X2 the DRPA looks at it like a stereo 2 way...

A 2x3 is a stereo fullrange tops and mono subs... a 2X6 then is a bi-amp tops and stereo subs...

Not a very intuitive way to look at it from a pro audio point of view but trying to be all things to all people isn't easy i guess...

gadget