Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series Configuration Wizard

2- DR 260'S for mains monitors + aux subs

baw659baw659 Posts: 37
I was wondering what type of configuration you guys would use for this. I just bought a second DR260.

I now have 2 DR260's. I run the mains bi amped. Stereo out of the mixer (really no need could run mono). Our subs are aux fed. I really only need 2 monitor mixes but 3 would be nice. Could this be all setup with 2 DR260's and how? I can handle all the crossover and eq stuff just not sure how to configure the input/output on the 260's

Would I run the mains mono on one input of DR-1 and the subs on input 2. Then run 2 separate monitor mixes to input 1 and 2 on DR-2?

Thanks!!

Comments

• DennisDennis Posts: 801
    baw659 wrote:
    Would I run the mains mono on one input of DR-1 and the subs on input 2. Then run 2 separate monitor mixes to input 1 and 2 on DR-2?
    Yes
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    260 #1:
    Mono FOH
    aux fed subs
    260 #2:
    Monitor 1
    Monitor 2

add the BSS for a 3rd monitor mix...
  • baw659baw659 Posts: 37
    Gadget wrote:
    260 #1:
    Mono FOH
    aux fed subs
    260 #2:
    Monitor 1
    Monitor 2

add the BSS for a 3rd monitor mix...
    Side job as a comedian I see? I'll stick with 2 mixes. LOL
    I'm wayyyy to thick skinned to be offended but I must say I fail to see the humor in my reply...it is a viable response to your question, and the only way I can see to get ALL of what you want... granted the BSS lacks ALL the tools like the DR but would be better than a monitor mix on it's own...
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    I couldn't find where he referenced a BSS unit. Confused with another thread? :?

DRA
    Gadget, please accept my apology. I in no way meant to offend you or your post. You have been nothing but cordial and VERY helpful in your replies to my posts. I meant that the BSS prices were so high (or out of our budget) that I would just stick with the DR260's and 2 mixes. I thought your last sentence on the BSS was in jest, for that I'm sorry.

Thanks again for your help, and ignore my weird sense of humor! I realize conversing over the internet lacks the personal part of conversation and can come across the wrong way.

Brian
  • DennisDennis Posts: 801
    Dra wrote:
    I couldn't find where he referenced a BSS unit. Confused with another thread? :?

DRA
    Yeah, that was James85 with the BSS EQ
    See there... I'm loosin it...
    Fool.gif
    actually, I just have been really busy of late and I haven't been re-reading back over the threads to make sure I get all the info from thread to thread ...
    uh.gif

Got riding on the brain...

IMG_5675.jpg
    Is Min as helmet free state? Or are you a radical? :mrgreen:
    Don't get me started on seatbelts. :x

DRA
    Don't NEED either in MN...but ya.. I'm a radical!
    Well I got the #2 dr260 configured for monitors but #1 for the mains and sub have been a nightmare.
    I am coming out of the mixer mono to input a. I am using an aux for the subs into input b on the 260.
    I set up a 1x4 for the mains (725 bi amped) and a 1x2 for the subs. I routed input a to channels 1 2 3 and 4
    I route input b to channels 5 and 6. It seems I don't have inputs a and b unlinked somewhere as the main fader controls
    Volume on one side and the aux controls volume on the other. I have outputs 1 and 2 for highs, outputs 3 and 4 for lows and 5 and 6 for subs.

Any help appreciated, Brian
    You will need to go into the CONFIG mode and there you will be able to feed 1-4 outputs with the A input, and 5&6 with the B input... this is all MUCH easier with the GUI...

Gadget
    I use the GUI. I guess I am missing it somewhere. Does this look correct?
    gui.jpg 67.4K
    Do the tutorial in the training tab above. It will make you feel silly. 8)

DRA
    Did that again 3 times, still can't get it right. I guess I have stared at it sooo long I'm blind. I guess I'll go back through it tonight and give it a rest for today. Luckily I only have a gig tomorrow night and not tonight. I had it all fine until I decided to go mono out of the mixer and ad the sub aux feed to the same 260. :oops:
    Click "Config".
    Right click on G (unger EQ).
    Select "Unlink"
    Do the same for the FB under INS.

DRA
    As simple as this? that is all I had wrong? If so I do feel STOOOOPID!!
    Where should I send the bill? :P
    ROTFLMAO!!! If you are ever near Nashville I got the beer! 8)