Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General Configuration Wizard

DRIVERACK PX Setup - FBT Speakers

DjRageDjRage Posts: 16
edited March 2012 in Configuration Wizard
I have (2) FBTMaxx 4a powered tops & (2)FBTMaxx 9SA Subs. Any reccomendation on what settings to use for those speakers?

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Couldn't find specs for the 9sa, but subs: 45hz BW18 - 110hz LR24, tops: 110hz LR24.

DRA
  • DjRageDjRage Posts: 16
    Dra wrote:
    Couldn't find specs for the 9sa, but subs: 45hz BW18 - 110hz LR24, tops: 110hz LR24.

DRA

Specifications for the 9Sa

System Type: 1 way, Bass Reflex design Dispersion: Omnidirectional

Components: B&C 15â€? LF woofer Protection: FBT ADAP® Protection circuitry

Frequency Response: 40Hz - 125 Hz Inputs: Balanced Neutrik combo jack, XLR, ¼â€?TRS

Suspension Points: N/A Outputs: Balanced Neutrik® XLR link out

Power Output: 900w RMS Enclosure Material: Polypropylene

Sensitivity: 97dB @ 1 watt, 1 meter Dimensions: 19.53�w x 25.51�h x 19.10�d

Maximum SPL: 128dB Net Weight: 64 lbs.

Active Crossover Frequency: 120Hz Shipping Weight: 73 lbs.
    Specifications for the 4a

System Type: 2 way Dispersion: 90° H x 60° V

Components: B&C 12â€? LF woofer, 1.4â€?HF driver Protection: FBT ADAP® Protection circuitry

Frequency Response: 50Hz – 20kHz Input: Balanced Neutrik combo jack, XLR, ¼â€?TRS

Suspension Points: 4 - M-10 Output: Balanced Neutrik® XLR link out

Power Output: 400w RMS Enclosure Material: Polypropylene

Sensitivity: 98dB @ 1 watt, 1 meter Dimensions: 16.03�w x 24.96�h x 13�d

Maximum SPL: 123dB Net Weight: 35.25 lbs.

Active Crossover Frequency: 1.8 kHz Shipping Weight: 42 lbs.
    That is a minimal change from the 18\" version, so I'll stand by my recommendation.

DRA
    Dra wrote:

DRA

Ok so what exactly does this mean. 45hz BW18? LR24?
    Those are the X-over filter settings that you'll input.
    The range that the subs will cover (hz) and the type and slope of the filter points (BW / LR / etc). 45hz to 110hz, then the top cabs will cover 110hz and up.

DRA
    Now is the PX only suppose to be used for live applications or can I use the same settings for DJing as well?
    If you DJ \"in person\", then the PX is for you. If you \"play\" DJ in your bedroom for yourself, it still is for you. \"Live\" is a reference to the AFS filters and not the source of the music (musicians or pre-recorded). Live means that the filters are \"living\", ever-changing for the need of the moment, \"not (usually) permanant, not \"fixed\".

DRA
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    The difference between Live and \"memorex\"...is, live music is FAR more dynamic, Most of the recordings of today are so compressed the life is wrung right out of them... Live sound takes far more power, thusly, the settings should reflect that fact.. If, as Dra is saying you are talking about the AFS you probably won't need that very much unless you spend a lot of time in front of the speakers...

But I often act as Live sound engineer, and DJ all in the same evening.. so yes, the Driverack is capable of both on the same system...
    Gadget
    AFS?
    Automatic Feedback Suppression (the Feedback button).

DRA
    OK. What do I do if I am using 2 different mixer. (one for my bands - 16 Channel Yamaha and one when I DJ - Pioneer) Do I have the capability of creating more than 1 preset or do I use the same preset for both mixers since I am using the same FBT speakers?
    You can set up a preset for every venue and for every set-up if you wish. A preset for no subs, ect. The sky is the limit (up to the number of presets available.

DRA
    DjRage wrote:
    Now is the PX only suppose to be used for live applications or can I use the same settings for DJing as well?

I tried to set these values in but could not see it when I ran through the Setup, EG and AFS Wizard. Am I suppose to enter these values instaead of doing the wizard? If so...............where exactly do I enter these values...the subharmonic button?
    DjRage wrote:
    DjRage wrote:

I tried to set these values in

What values? Can you be a little more specific?

DRA
    Dra wrote:
    Those are the X-over filter settings that you'll input.
    The range that the subs will cover (hz) and the type and slope of the filter points (BW / LR / etc). 45hz to 110hz, then the top cabs will cover 110hz and up.

DRA

Sorry. I copied the wrong one.

I tried to set these values in but could not see it when I ran through the Setup, EG and AFS Wizard. Am I suppose to enter these values instaead of doing the wizard? If so...............where exactly do I enter these values...the subharmonic button?
    I don't have a PX, but it is in the x-over or filter section (whatever it is called).

DRA
    Dra wrote:

DRA[/quote

I can not find where to plug these numbers on the Driverack PX
    FROM THE MANUAL.

3.3 Navigating the High-pass and Bandpass Filter (SETUP) Section

To edit the parameters of the high-pass and bandpass filter used in a selected preset, simply use the following procedure.
    From preset mode, press the SETUP button.
    Once you have reached the high-pass and bandpass filter module, navigate through the pages of the selected high-pass and bandpass filter module by pressing the \"Next Page\" or \"Prev Page\" buttons successively until arriving at the desired Page.
    FrequencySlope presses of the Data wheel will select effect parameters
  • im a complete newb! my apologies. i have 2 behringer b815neo's, 1800d pro sub. what's the best px setup?
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Hmmm,
    You have hijacked a 3 year old thread, and look very much like a spammer at this point.

If you really do wish to get help here, go back to the front page and find and read the "READ ME FIRST BEFORE POSTING" thread...

Then come back and start a NEW thread using the instructions in that thread.