Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General Configuration Wizard

dbx234xs

centurydrumscenturydrums Posts: 3
edited March 2012 in Configuration Wizard
I got this unit so I could triamp my system. I planned on biamping some peavey eu 112's, these are basically the same ratings as a sp2.
500 con. 1000 progarm, 2000 peak.
This xover does not have any constant directivity horn eq. How do you get around this?
Thanks, Mike

Comments

• GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    You would have to get an outboard Eq... Why didn't you just get the Driverack DRPA+?
  • I was just updating some equipment, I had a behringer crossover. I wish I would have got the driverack. I bought the 234xs new on ebay, tried to trade it in at my local guitar center. They would only offer me 50 bucks for it. I hate when I make bad decisions. I just didn't research enough before I bought. So it will be a while before I can afford the driverack after taking a loss on this xover.

What do you mean by outboard? After the xover and into the hi amp. Where do I bump up the eq settings and which ones?

Thanks, Mike
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Ya the 234xs is kind of a sideways step...

Anyways, here is the info, from the inventors of the CD horn...Interesting side note, they used to work for Electrovoice, invented the CD horn and presented it to the boss.. who said get back to work and make something that makes me money... They quit and went to work for Peavey...

http://www.peavey.com/support/technotes ... orn_eq.cfm

Gadget